Contribute
Register

Why bus speed is displayed 400 mhz when i have 8gb 1600mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just copy whatever I found from Clover-Wiki.
Apparently, Clover defined a parameter QPI, and here is the explaination. According to the explanation, whatever you see in the bus speed section doesn't really matter. I have I5-4690K, Gigabyte Z97, 1600MHz RAM,and my bus speed is also showing 400mHz. I run lightroom 2016 and iMovie, no problem at all. if you feel something slow, check how many years your HDD has.

the reference resource.
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/CPU#cpu_qpi
QPI
<key>QPI</key>
<string>4800</string>
System Profiler calls it Processor Bus Speed or Bus Speed. Chameleon has an algorithm for calculating this value for Nehalem CPUs (, which is however not correct). Clover has a corrected algorithm according to Intel data sheets. AppleSmbios sources describe two variants: either SMBIOS already contains this value as specified by the vendor, or it is calculated by the formulae BusSpeed*4. After a long argument this value was sourced into the configuration file - write what you want (in MHz). This is a purely cosmetic value. Apparently this value only makes sense for Nehalems, the rest should use the formula stated above - or nothing at all.

Note: Real Mac’s report a hw.busfrequency = 100000000

To achieve that with Clover here’s what to do:
1 - Drop SMBIOS table type 132 for Sandy Bridge and newer CPU’s. Clover does this if you set QPI to a string value of 0.
2 - Set SMBIOS table type 4->ExternalClock to 0 (or 25Mhz as a real Mac). This currently has to be done in the source code and re-compile Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back