I5 3230m
Graphics
Hd 4000/ 7650 hd
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

This is probably nothing but i was wondering if it is. I have installed a 1600 mhz 8gb ddr3 sometime ago, repatched the dsdt as should. In About Mac it display fine 8gb 1600mhz . Same thing in About this mac -> More Info -> System Report -> Memory . But in About this mac -> More info -> System Report -> Hardware overview i get the overview for my pro book and there is Bus speed : 400 mhz. Why is that ?

It is the system bus speed, not your Memory speed.

400Mhz x 4 data per clock = 1600Mhz.

Ok thank you . I was wondering because i dual boot mavericks and windows 8.1 and honestly windows 8.1 seem faster than mavericks . For example accessing finder in mavericks vs windows explorer .

Ok thank you . I was wondering because i dual boot mavericks and windows 8.1 and honestly windows 8.1 seem faster than mavericks . For example accessing finder in mavericks vs windows explorer .

It's normal, your laptop is designed to use Windows, not OS X.

It's normal, your laptop is designed to use Windows, not OS X.

I see so this is why if you want the best macintosh experience you should really get a macbook . Probook hackintosh is the closest to it .

I think it is quite normal. On my laptop, the fastest Windows 8.1. In second place is the speed of Windows 7 and at the end of lagging OS X 10.9.2.:)

can someone verify this answer please. I got 1866 MHz RAM and I stil got 400MHz bus speed. Even on another machine with 2400 MHz RAM the bus speed is stil 400 MHz.
Thanks for looking at this !

can someone verify this answer please. I got 1866 MHz RAM and I stil got 400MHz bus speed. Even on another machine with 2400 MHz RAM the bus speed is stil 400 MHz.
Thanks for looking at this !

Bus speed has nothing to do with RAM speed.

Bus speed has nothing to do with RAM speed.
thanks for your answer RehabMan, this still do not answer the question, why ALL of our hackintoshes got 400 MHz Bus Speed, and all got variety of motherboards... I also refuse to believe that the answer is "because your machine is not designed to run OS X ... thats bull***, so back to where we started. Why @ 400 MHz ??

thanks for your answer RehabMan, this still do not answer the question, why ALL of our hackintoshes got 400 MHz Bus Speed, and all got veraity of motherboards... I also refuse to believe that the answer is "because your machine is not designed to run OS X ... thats bull***, so back to where we started. Why @ 400 MHz ??

What do you expect it to be? Why?

I suspect this is just data injected by Clover and is likely cosmetic only.

The bus speed is pretty consistent amongst recent Intel chipsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back