Contribute
Register

Why are patches not listed as source?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only had problem using Clover Configurator when I was on a X79 hack similar to Shilohh´s Golden Build that apparently needed some special code in config.plist. On all my other systems I´ve never had problems using Clover Configurator.
What´s the problem ?

Here is my list of serious problems with Clover Configurator:
- it will remove keys that it doesn't know about
- it will re-order/re-arrange the entire file (big problem for files checked into git, or even trying to figure out what just changed...)
- it will add keys/settings you didn't ask it to
- it will re-order KextsToPatch (or any other array type). This is a killer as often patches are order dependent

In short, it is a complete mess, and requires a serous redesign.
And... it is not open source, so no one but the original author can fix it.

- it will re-order/re-arrange the entire file (big problem for files checked into git, or even trying to figure out what just changed...)
- it will re-order KextsToPatch (or any other array type). This is a killer as often patches are order dependent

I've seen with Clover Configurator it adds entries to the config that you don't want. Causes a complete mess.

However I personally wouldn't recommend it with Clover Hotpatch or better still I'd recommend users to avoid it and use Xcode instead.

Last edited:

Ok. Thanks for useful info as always.

Thanks for the informative post; good to know!

After doing Hotpatch on my Z77-DS3H desktop it runs so much Smoother. Just patched my friends Z77X-UD5H also :thumbup: i find that Clover Hotpatch is more efficient than DSDTs.
Hi, I've just used your Z77x-UD5H Clover HotPatch SSDT'S, looks great, my only problems is my front USB 3.
when i plug "Patriot memory USB3" key, it's sometimes only at USB2 speed, sometimes not mounting.
Also when i plug the "Corsair link" USB from my Corsair PSU on the internal usb header on motherboard (same thing with Broadcom Bluetooth wifi card with usb), computer wakes from sleep.
i post config.plist and ioreg in case you could help
Thanks

Attachments

• iMac 13.2.ioreg
    11.5 MB · Views: 80
  • config.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 189
Hi, I've just used your Z77x-UD5H Clover HotPatch SSDT'S, looks great, my only problems is my front USB 3.
when i plug "Patriot memory USB3" key, it's sometimes only at USB2 speed, sometimes not mounting.
Also when i plug the "Corsair link" USB from my Corsair PSU on the internal usb header on motherboard (same thing with Broadcom Bluetooth wifi card with usb), computer wakes from sleep.
i post config.plist and ioreg in case you could help
Thanks

Can you create a new post with all problem reporting files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back