Who can recommend a solution to this dilemma? NTFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
TKC BUILDS
CPU
Graphics
Hi Guys,

I have an issue thats annoying me to be frank.

I just finished building my Customac 2011 HTPC "Home Theatre PC"... Its beautiful and runs sweet but Im having one issue at the moment. It obviously does not write to NTFS natively.

1st Solution: So I purchased Tuxera NTFS and it completely ruined one of my NTFS drives that I spent a long time ripping my Genuine "owned" BluRays too :( I wonder if its because that NTFS drive was being accessed by both win 7 and mac os lion VIA dual boot and because it was a partition setup on the same physical drive? In any case, this was working fine up until the drive stopped being recognized by WIN7.
= I might give this another try since the NTFS drives I want to access are on 2 different NTFS Physical Drives.

2nd Solution: This was a complete fail... I installed a trial of Parallel Desktops and thought that this would be able to write to NTFS via virtualization... *beep* no cigar. It uses the same rights that MAC OS LION does so it refuses to write to windows 7.

WHAT is the solution, you can recommend before I risk everything and return to Tuxera?

I move this media around to other WIN 7 PC's and so NTFS is ideal, was thinking MAYBE run LINUX which uses NTFS 3G Driver natively but not sure?

Cheers for anyone who shares there knowledge with me :thumbup:

Current Drive Configuration:
500GB WD BLUE (LION ONLY, PARALLEL to WIN7)
2TB (STORAGE ONLY)
2TB (STORAGE ONLY)

Justin

georgeba said:
I don't know Tuxedo, but Tuxera works a treat. I have been using it for a year now, without missing a beat.

Sorry I meant Tuxera, might give it another chance ;)

Edited first post, my bad :p

Postive responces all round so I will have to give Tuxera a second chance... Thanks guys, hope it doesnt ruin my drive again :x :p

Say Heading said:
KidCastro said:
Thanks guys, hope it doesnt ruin my drive again :x :p

Backup? :shh:

Maybe a couple of months ago, but have you seen the price of HDD's lately.. in Australia, its like $200+ US minimum for a 2TB drive. I cant afford to run a file server like before.

I dont want to lose my data :shifty:

KidCastro said:
Maybe a couple of months ago, but have you seen the price of HDD's lately.. in Australia, its like $200+ US minimum for a 2TB drive. I cant afford to run a file server like before.

I dont want to lose my data :shifty:

Yes, the prices are horrible. But it is your data. How much do you rate them?

Good luck from me, too :thumbup:

Yeah guys, can probably get a deal online which is good but haven't hdd prices increased everywhere since the disaster to western digitals main factory in Thailand or Vietnam? I thought the price hack was worldwide, or are we being taken for a ride in Australia? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back