Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 UD
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Hi to all,
i've installed 10.10...yosemite on my Gigabyte ga-z87-hd3..
it's equipped with intel I7, 250 gb SSD, 32 gb corsair, Gforce GTX 950, liquid cooled...
and works, but sometime hackintosh freeze and i must do a hardware reboot....

Is there some program test to find where is the problem?
Gigabyte ga-z87-hd3 is totally compatible with 32gb on hackintosh? (someone told me that with 4 ram banks system is instable)
Another mainboard lga1150 FULL compatible? (i don't want to change I7 & RAM...)

PLEASSEEEE :-D :-D

Z87X Motherboard is perfectly fine with the RIGHT 32GB of memory. I have one running VMWare, it used to be a hack but I upgraded, and it's been up for months at a time. It must the be right memory though, specifically stated as compatible. Not it *should* work, or I *think* it will work but explicitly stated on the memory website as compatible.

It sounds like it could be that, but there is so little information in your post that its impossible to say.

Its could be your BIOS config, it could be your system def, you don't say if there are issues in the console or what you are doing.

There's lots of information on the Z87X configuration, read them and check, but first check your memory is the right one. So many people put the wrong memory in or guess what should work and it just fails every so often. I have a Z87X with 32GB and a Z97X with 32GB of the right memory. Never a problem.

thanx rwillet for fast reply...
I tested each ram bank and works correctly
For system def i have this one : iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)
For Bios: VT-d = disable, XHCI Hand-off = enabled, EHCI Hand-off = enabled, XHCI Mode = disabled, Limit CPUID Max = disabled
Intel Virt. Tech. = enabled, Secure BOOT = disabled
ram multiplier is now set to 1.3.3 not in auto... in this way ram works exactly at 1333 Mhz
but now the strange is... i install google earth... and do a site search... immediatly mac shut-down & restart... but if i do in SAFE MODE
mac doesn't reboot...

I have the GA-H87-HD3 version of this board running with 32GB of Crucial RAM. Have you installed the nvidia drivers for your GTX950?

From my *memory* my UEFI/BIOS settings for RAM are set for performance and Profile 1 to enable 1600MHz speeds. If you are using Chimera bootloader then you can add -no-zp as a bootflag to your org.chameleon.boot.plist
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-edit-a-plist.104463/

yes i use nvidia gtx driver...
my ram 4 banks is CORSAIR CMV8GX3M1A1600C11
i didn't find in bios PROFILE 1... but i can set anyway to 1600Mhz and hi performance...
and what about channel timings ? mine now are set to : 11 10 10 25 both...

tnx
i go in bios and set hi performance & 1600....if you hear an explosion no problem... IT'S MINE !!! :-D

now i try to put hi performance & 1600.... reboot
with only 1600 Mhz & normal performace...it's worked for 40 mins...than freeze...(and i must do an hardware restart)

and now reboot also in SAFE MODE.... :(

There are a number of things that can cause the system to freeze - RAM is the often the main culprit but it may not be the only reason.
Is there a common app that you are using when you get these freezes occurring?

I would try using DPCIManager to Rebuild Cache. Then open up Disk Utility and select your Disk and select Repair Disk. Once this is complete select the Disk partition that you are using for your installation MacIntosh HD or whatever you named it) and select Verify Disk. Once this is completed select Repair Disk permissions.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/ - you can ignore the False Malware message.

yes i use nvidia gtx driver...
my ram 4 banks is CORSAIR CMV8GX3M1A1600C11
i didn't find in bios PROFILE 1... but i can set anyway to 1600Mhz and hi performance...
and what about channel timings ? mine now are set to : 11 10 10 25 both...

tnx
i go in bios and set hi performance & 1600....if you hear an explosion no problem... IT'S MINE !!! :-D

Is your RAM on the Supported RAM list for your motherboard? From looking on Google Corsair CMV8GX3M1A1600C11 seems to be Value Memory which some motherboards don't like.

Hi VioletDragon...
what do you mean with :"Supported RAM list for your motherboard?" where to find this list?
but.... WHY if i remove 1 bank of ram yosemite works without reboot?
for my is a faulty board...not only mine intend....

Hi VioletDragon...
what do you mean with :"Supported RAM list for your motherboard?" where to find this list?
but.... WHY if i remove 1 bank of ram yosemite works without reboot?
for my is a faulty board...not only mine intend....

Gigabyte and other motherboard manufacturers have Memory Support List. Could be faulty RAM or Unsupported RAM. Maybe the RAM slots are defective.

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 19.29.11.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back