Contribute
Register

White out before ML install... Frustration!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey wildwillow the new screen arrived monday without a cable, amazon gave me a discount but no cable:crazy:... ordered a cable...:beachball: arrived today Friday. have just gone through all the previous posts meticulously and made sure to follow all your advice and I now have a functional Hackintosh! Still need to try out a few things but so far all looks to be functional.

Thank you very much!! Your a champ!

Also, could you possibly recommend a source of info so as I could learn a bit more about this stuff....I feel a bit like a motorbike rider who has no idea about how his bikes motor functions. Possibly a complete starters web page or maybe is there a mackintosh/mac/unix for dummies? I can actually look up books but I just thought you might have a particularly better idea of where to start, or at least which direction to head in so I look for the correct books?

Hey wildwillow the new screen arrived monday without a cable, amazon gave me a discount but no cable:crazy:... ordered a cable...:beachball: arrived today Friday. have just gone through all the previous posts meticulously and made sure to follow all your advice and I now have a functional Hackintosh! Still need to try out a few things but so far all looks to be functional.

Thank you very much!! Your a champ!

Also, could you possibly recommend a source of info so as I could learn a bit more about this stuff....I feel a bit like a motorbike rider who has no idea about how his bikes motor functions. Possibly a complete starters web page or maybe is there a mackintosh/mac/unix for dummies? I can actually look up books but I just thought you might have a particularly better idea of where to start, or at least which direction to head in so I look for the correct books?

You're Welcome. I am very pleased that we got to the bottom of it all. Hope the new screen is as good as expected. What do you think of it?

I find the best place to learn is in the field of this forum, If there is anything in particular that you would like to know you can use the search. There is a good book called "The Mac OS Command Line: Unix Under The Hood" available at Amazon, a little old but has all the basics that you need to know.

The Mac OS X Command Line: Unix Under the Hood Feel free to read through the forums you will be amazed how much information is available.

You're Welcome. I am very pleased that we got to the bottom of it all. Hope the new screen is as good as expected. What do you think of it?

Hey, the new screen is large:eek:, and all seems fine so far. It's a very clear screen, when I finally figured out the correct setting. Could definatly recommend it.

find the best place to learn is in the field of this forum, If there is anything in particular that you would like to know you can use the search. There is a good book called "The Mac OS Command Line: Unix Under The Hood" available at Amazon, a little old but has all the basics that you need to know.

The Mac OS X Command Line: Unix Under the Hood Feel free to read through the forums you will be amazed how much information is available.

I think I will check out that book as I would quite like the structure a book can provide over what feels a bit limitless and chaotic for me in the forums...

Thanks again wildwillow!

Hey, the new screen is large:eek:, and all seems fine so far. It's a very clear screen, when I finally figured out the correct setting. Could definatly recommend it.

I think I will check out that book as I would quite like the structure a book can provide over what feels a bit limitless and chaotic for me in the forums...

Thanks again wildwillow!

Anytime, you know where we are if you need further help. Pleasure to be of assistance:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back