Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After following everything precisely, I turned off the computer after checking everything stated in the guide in the hp probook installer application. I turned off the computer, removed the Usb, then tried to turn it on without the usb. It shows the mac logo and looks like if it is going to log in then BAM! I get white and black bars. It just stays frozen there.

Have any idea on how to fix this? Thanks.

EDIT 1/6/12: Rehabman asked me if I clicked on the right DSDT on the probook installer to which I responded I do not know. So I re-installed OSX (after clicking delete partition from utility) and redid everything. I now have ML running flawlessly. I' have actually already edited 1080p video on FCPX.!

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

After following everything precisely, I turned off the computer after checking everything stated in the guide in the hp probook installer application. I turned off the computer, removed the Usb, then tried to turn it on without the usb. It shows the mac logo and looks like if it is going to log in then BAM! I get white and black bars. It just stays frozen there.

Have any idea on how to fix this? Thanks.

Sounds like a display/video issue. Are you sure you selected the correct DSDT?

FYI: I removed your duplicate post in the Lion forum.

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

I am not sure. I am reinstalling osx to try again.

What DSDT should I hit? I am not too sure about this part. I have not touched the bios of my probook since I just got it today off of Ebay.

By the way, The way I am reinstalling is by booting from unibeast again and installing osx again in the same partition. Is that fine? Because this time the wait time to install was 31 minutes instead of the 20 min I got the first time.

EDIT: I know it might seem like I should of done more research on how to install, but I have been researching for about 2 weeks already. I apologize for being such a burden.

I am not sure. I am reinstalling osx to try again.

What DSDT should I hit? I am not too sure about this part. I have not touched the bios of my probook since I just got it today off of Ebay.

By the way, The way I am reinstalling is by booting from unibeast again and installing osx again in the same partition. Is that fine? Because this time the wait time to install was 31 minutes instead of the 20 min I got the first time.

As long as you erase the partition in Disk Utility before proceeding with the install, that's fine.

Assuming your profile is accurate, you have a 4530s. I'm going to assume you have a standard screen on your 4530s (that is you or the previous owner did not upgrade it to anything more than the stock 1366x768). I'm also going to assume you don't have the Radeon switchable graphics because it isn't mentioned in your profile.

In that case, you would use "4230s-4530s HD3000 Standard" or "4230s-4530s HD3000 Standard NewFan" depending on whether you want the fan to run less often or not...

So, that's a fair bit of assuming... you will want to verify what hardware you actually have and choose accordingly.

Thank you so much rehab. Its working!!!!

I have just one issue, I get random little white rectangles and squares that pop up at random. I will make a new post for this issue unless you know what it might be. I am going to have some pics of it too.

Thank you so much rehab. Its working!!!!

I have just one issue, I get random little white rectangles and squares that pop up at random. I will make a new post for this issue unless you know what it might be. I am going to have some pics of it too.

Those are known as "graphic glitches" Some of us have found that they are very rare if we are using our own DSDT...

So, now that you have your system up and running, that is the next thing to do. Patch your own DSDT. See this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/83573-patching-your-dsdt-probook-4x30s-using-maciasl.html

Often times, once the glitches appear, they continue to appear, even after you've swapped in your own DSDT. Usually a hard reset fixes the problem:

- shutdown
- remove AC power
- remove battery
- hold power button down for 60 sec
- put everything back and restart

One thing I've noticed is that glitches tend to appear after running another OS such as Windows or Linux. And they tend to go away after a cold-restart. But sometimes I have to do the above hard reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back