Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi, i was just about to complete my installation when i made the mistake to want to install one of my wifi card.
I have 3 cards:
Netgear WG111v2
Netgear WPN111
Trendnet TEW-623PI

i've installed the WG111v2 with these drivers:
http://firmware.netgear-forum.com/index ... gelog=1165
and then, no way to boot again on SL.

my question is, how to set one of these cards up in order to get wifi working without screwing the whole installation.
i'm too away from my internet box, that's why i want wifi, the ethernet cable i have is not long enough to hold for ever (i can go to internet thanks to ethernet but it's not my definitive solution).

thank you for your answers

thanks i'll try that but not right now (it's midnight out there i'm tired)

such a customed card will be compatible with Windows as well? My build is going to be a triple boot: 7, SL, Ubuntu is it gonna work on the three systems?

macromaster said:
thanks i'll try that but not right now (it's midnight out there i'm tired)

such a customed card will be compatible with Windows as well? My build is going to be a triple boot: 7, SL, Ubuntu is it gonna work on the three systems?

Definitely compatible with Windows, as Dells and HPs use this chipset. In fact, you can buy one cheaper from Dell or HP on eBay that would be a bit cheaper than an actual Apple chipset.

Just did a quick search on the newer chipset "BCM94322MC" and Ubuntu. It is confirmed, it does work for it as well according to a person here on the forums.

Hope that helps.

that's great then! and really good to know!

i still more and more impressed to see how complete the "hackintosh" scene has become!

i'm gonna try this as soon as i can!
am i gonna need a special kerk you think? i don't think so, it seems to be build to be automatically recognized.
i've bought the components, i'll let you know if it works.

i've received my order, i built it and plugged it on my computer and Windows 7 recognized it, i haven't tried on SL yet because i'm waiting for an iBoot version that works with RevoDrive, but i'll let you know as soon as i can.

macromaster said:
i've received my order, i built it and plugged it on my computer and Windows 7 recognized it, i haven't tried on SL yet because i'm waiting for an iBoot version that works with RevoDrive, but i'll let you know as soon as i can.
Do you have the original or the new RevoDrive? The original drive is not bootable on any OS.

MacMan said:
macromaster said:
Do you have the original or the new RevoDrive? The original drive is not bootable on any OS.

i got the first version (120gb), it is bootable, i'm booting Win7 with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back