GTX Titan
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

I'm looking to do a build with either the Gigabyte Z77X-UP4-TH or MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt. Which one is works 100% out of the box with Mountain Lion? I have done builds with the Z77a-G45 non-thunderbolt version in the past. Is this one the same?

Thanks

For NullCPUPM, you will need to download and install the custom ROM for the Msi mobo...If you do, could you share your results? I am also interested in the G45! The UD5h is 100% OOB

Here is the ROM --> http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/msi/

As far as I know the only complication with the GA-Z77X-UP4 TH is with the USB ports:
  • Four of the rear USB3 ports are on an unsupported controller. They'll be dead.
  • The 6 USB2 ports on internal headers work fine.
  • The other two USB3 ports on the rear (and two USB3 ports on an internal header) work fine.
  • Like all CustoMacs at the moment, because there are no internal USB3 hubs on this board you'll need an external USB3 hub to use USB2 storage devices on the USB3 ports.
As long as you're expecting these things (and start off with some of those internal headers connected to external ports) the UP4 should be great.

Ok, thank you for the heads up.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back