Contribute
Register

Which SAS controllers are supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 6870
I am looking at installing a SAS controller into my Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard and am wondering which one to go with. I only need 4 drive support and I don't need super high performance. Looking to not spend too much money, but also want one that just works with OSX 10.9.5 and eventually Yosemite.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

I am looking at installing a SAS controller into my Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard and am wondering which one to go with. I only need 4 drive support and I don't need super high performance. Looking to not spend too much money, but also want one that just works with OSX 10.9.5 and eventually Yosemite.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Do you want internal mounted drives or external? Makes a difference.
Do you plan to RAID the drives, JBOD them or just want them to be accessed separately?
highpoint rocketraid 2744 works with older Mac Pro's - 6Gb/s 4 port, but connections are external.

I would prefer internal and RAID is not necessary. Was just going to boot OSX from one disk and Windows from another and have a 3rd disk for Time Machine backups.

Do you want internal mounted drives or external? Makes a difference.
Do you plan to RAID the drives, JBOD them or just want them to be accessed separately?
highpoint rocketraid 2744 works with older Mac Pro's - 6Gb/s 4 port, but connections are external.

Hi, I do want to build a raid for 4k storage, we need 96 TB on mirror so would be 48TB usable , I was thinking about the new 8TB hard drives, do you think is possible?, in a xeon plataform? external? there is a RAID card?

I've build many Hackintoshes before, but never that huge. :think:

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back