Contribute
Register

Which RX5700 XT to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you get this card running on catalina? iam struggeling for about 2 weeks now
Hi,

I followed this guide https://github.com/shiruken/hackintosh

There is only one issue with the config.plist, because I am not able to update my mac. I have to boot with a lighter version of config.plist. I need to find the option which avoid me the update. Otherwise all is working as expected.

By the way what is not working for you ?

I get black screen all the time. With weg without weg with bootargs and without tried every port but nothing other than black screen after boot

I guess that during the first step installation and setup you are using the HDMI port and when all is set up you switch to the display port of the MSI card right ?

if you are installing 10.15.4, make sure that you have 5107 of clover installer.
I guess that you lastest version of kexts in '/Other library"

Did you succeed to install Catalina using a USB key and HDMI port or do you tried to install using the graphic card ?

I have PowerColor Red Devil, it is very quiet, and works well.
How's it running now ?
Did you run it with factory bios settings i.e., ( no quiet mode , supposedly quiet mode is 29db at high computational tasks )

and are you regularly updating drivers or firmware on windows ?

How's it running now ?
Did you run it with factory bios settings i.e., ( no quiet mode , supposedly quiet mode is 29db at high computational tasks )

and are you regularly updating drivers or firmware on windows ?
everything is Stock, never used it in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back