Contribute
Register

which probook models have a higher res ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm looking to upgrade from my trusty 4530s to something slightly lighter, but need a higher res than 1366x768

Can anyone point me at models which have a higher resolution ?

HP 450 G2 can have 1920X1080, i think there are still a few issues out there yet.
i hope see a complete 100% working 450 G2 out there.

Hmm I am thinking of upgrading as well (I want to keep my 4530s running on the old Chameleon set-up I can revert to, and put all my best parts into a newer model).

I'm having a good look now and can't really find any ProBooks at a reasonable price point that have the higher res.

It might be worth considering the EliteBook line where I can see some affordable models with 1600x900, like http://www.ncix.com/detail/hp-elitebook-1040-g1-intel-45-99252-1374.htm

I might try to find something like that but without the SSD, since I want to put in an SSD I already have.
Hopefully the EliteBook line is as easy to get up and running on Mac OS as the ProBook was. Will have to do more research.

Hmm I am thinking of upgrading as well (I want to keep my 4530s running on the old Chameleon set-up I can revert to, and put all my best parts into a newer model).

I'm having a good look now and can't really find any ProBooks at a reasonable price point that have the higher res.

It might be worth considering the EliteBook line where I can see some affordable models with 1600x900, like http://www.ncix.com/detail/hp-elitebook-1040-g1-intel-45-99252-1374.htm

I might try to find something like that but without the SSD, since I want to put in an SSD I already have.
Hopefully the EliteBook line is as easy to get up and running on Mac OS as the ProBook was. Will have to do more research.

With the price you can pay for a MacBook Pro and have a:
- IPS retina display with MUCH higher resolution
- MUCH wider sRGB coverage
- MUCH better graphics card
- 100% working OS X :yawn:

The only downsides:
- less ports
- aluminium vs magnesium
- can't survive military drop test

With the price you can pay for a MacBook Pro and have a:
- IPS retina display with MUCH higher resolution
- MUCH wider sRGB coverage
- MUCH better graphics card
- 100% working OS X :yawn:

The only downsides:
- less ports
- aluminium vs magnesium
- can't survive military drop test

Yeah I agree, that's why I'm looking for an older MacBook Pro 2ndhand that still has the FireWire 800 port I need. Hackintosh was fun when I was in school but now I need a computer I can hopefully count on.

Only thing I'm worried about is that some MacBook Pros are almost designed to start failing after a couple of years of use, but I think mid-2012 was a good model (I hope)... the last one that had FireWire built-in.

Yeah I agree, that's why I'm looking for an older MacBook Pro 2ndhand that still has the FireWire 800 port I need. Hackintosh was fun when I was in school but now I need a computer I can hopefully count on.

Only thing I'm worried about is that some MacBook Pros are almost designed to start failing after a couple of years of use, but I think mid-2012 was a good model (I hope)... the last one that had FireWire built-in.
You can buy this
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-yosemite/150912-firewire-card-probook-6470b.html

Yeah, I was looking at the 6K line of older ProBooks.. The problem is the same as with my 4530s - If you need to use Expresscard adapter, the connection is much less secure. FW800 is nice because the plug is a good fit for the connector, and the risk of it coming loose is low.

Specifically I need to perform live shows next year using Firewire soundcard, and I am way too nervous about using a ProBook with an adapted connection.

I think a couple of ProBooks had the direct firewire port, but even then, I guess I am worried about something weird happening in the middle of a performance. I think it's time to get a MBP..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back