Graphics
Zotac GTX 680 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there people. I want to buy a x79 mobo. Which x79 mobo do you suggest to use with Intel Core i7-3930K processor? I am trying to find a stable and easy to install mobo. Thanks.

Do you guys recommend GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD5 ?

What is the difference between GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI and GA-X79-UD5? Aldo do you have a guide for installing ML to your mobo or at least can you provide DSDT? By the way all the things working? Usb3.0 , wifi etc? Thank you.

What is the difference between GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI and GA-X79-UD5? Aldo do you have a guide for installing ML to your mobo or at least can you provide DSDT? By the way all the things working? Usb3.0 , wifi etc? Thank you.

The GA-X79-UD5 uses the Intel X79 chipset whereas the GA-X79S-UP5 uses the Intel C606 Chipset. the C606 chipset is a workstation version of the X79, that includes support for the Xeon processor, SAS Devices and ECC Memory.

I currently have 10.6.8 installed at the moment. It does not fully support this board and CPU, Since i have to boot up with the 'cpus=1' flag.

I should have an answer for you about installing ML within the next week, as i am currently busy downloading it from Mac Store. To my knowledge, a DSDT is not needed.

I can confirm that both LAN devices work, but will get back to you in a day or two about usb3.0 and wifi. Ive been reluctant to test it in 10.6.8, since ill be upgrading to ML.

Update (10/03/2013)
I was able to get OS X ML installed and booted up for the first time. I am currently trying to solve issues that i am having with my sound and cpu power management/speed step.

In terms of sound, i am able to get the ports detected, alas, i have no throughput to the speakers.

In terms of the cpu power management, i am currently forced to use nullcpu and the cpus=1 flag to boot into the OS, and then the CPU is limited to 1.2Ghz and only one core.

Will have a report soon to follow.

I have read reports that the X79-UD3/UD4/UD5 boards seems to have a much simpler process than what i am experiencing,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back