EVGA Nvidea GTX 660 Ti 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Hackintosh-Users,

I would like to start a new Hackintosh-Build, and I already have an "Intel Core i7-3770K 3500 1155 BOX" Processor from August 2012.

I´m pretty sure, this processor matches to the 7-Series Mainboards from Gigabyte. I once bought a Gigabyte Z68mX-UD2H-B3 in 2011, and than one year later I upgraded the CPU with this newer i7 Processor.

But unfortunately my 6-Generation Mainboard and my 7-Generation CPU will not run Mac OS X Sierra. So I have to upgrade my Mainboard.

I tried to find an older Buyer´s Guide from 2012 on this tonymacx86-website, but could´t find it.

So, here is the Question: Which Mainboard I have to search for on eBay?

Thanks for your help,
Martin

Clover-Bootloader does not work with 6/7-mixed Board/CPUs...

I spent some time trying it - without success. So I changed the CPU back to my older i5 from 2011, an Sierra Install with Clover-Bootloader was no problem at all. Works like a charm, but I lost CPU-Power of course :(

Hello Hackintosh-Users,

I would like to start a new Hackintosh-Build, and I already have an "Intel Core i7-3770K 3500 1155 BOX" Processor from August 2012.

I´m pretty sure, this processor matches to the 7-Series Mainboards from Gigabyte. I once bought a Gigabyte Z68mX-UD2H-B3 in 2011, and than one year later I upgraded the CPU with this newer i7 Processor.

But unfortunately my 6-Generation Mainboard and my 7-Generation CPU will not run Mac OS X Sierra. So I have to upgrade my Mainboard.

I tried to find an older Buyer´s Guide from 2012 on this tonymacx86-website, but could´t find it.

So, here is the Question: Which Mainboard I have to search for on eBay?

Thanks for your help,
Martin
See http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/08/building-customac-buyers-guide-2012.html

Basically what you are looking for is a 7 series board - Z77, H70, Q70.
While the Buyer's Guide only lists Gigabyte boards, MSI and Asus are also known to work - it just depends on what you can find.
I can tell you for sure that the MSI Z77A-G45/ i7 3770K and H77M-43/ i5 3570K both work well and the Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/i5 3570K also works well because I have used all of these in builds I have done.

Thank you very much, Going Bald, your link is exactly what I was looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back