Contribute
Register

Which Laptop, Notebook should i buy for hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hay ho,

i wanna build my own hackintosh. I did it with my desktop pc. but now i wanna buy a laptop. I hope you can help me. Give me your suggestions. At the moment i can get some sony models for sale. maybe there is one model which is good for hackintoshing :)

ienemy said:
hay ho,

i wanna build my own hackintosh. I did it with my desktop pc. but now i wanna buy a laptop. I hope you can help me. Give me your suggestions. At the moment i can get some sony models for sale. maybe there is one model which is good for hackintoshing :)

Notebooks are an entirely different thing when it comes to "hackintoshing". You are very likely to encounter problems (Graphics, audio, WiFi etc.) when you install Mac OSX (Snow Leopard or Lion).

Normally I would recommend people like you to just get a Macbook Pro or Macbook Air if they want to use Mac OSX on a notebook. Is there any reason you don't want to do this?

Personally I would not take the trouble of getting a non-Mac notebook to run Mac OS X. If it does not work you cannot replace the hardware components yourself and you are stuck with the machine. At my location once you bought it you could not return it for a refund just because it did not suit your needs. Perhaps it is different in the US?

Money is probably the most common reason. I had 500 USD to spend on a laptop. But I wanted OS X.

I recommend the Probook 4530s, we have a pretty good user base, pretty good success, and tony is getting one, so hopefully it will be very good.

Thx for youre reply. THats why im asking for suggestions. Mayber there is some1 who has a fullworking laptop hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back