Graphics
GTX 980Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have my lovely beast of a hackintosh and I want to just passively start to record me playing games no biggie. The thing is that I will play games in windows and edit the stuff + lots of other creative work on the OS X side and it would be simplest if it were all on one internal hard drive. This is how my computer is/will be setup:

120 GB SSD for Windows and apps
250 GB SSD for OS X and main apps + some Adobe CC stuff

4TB HD (in partitions): -----Version 1-----

750GB for games (windows), only using 360 GB so far
1.250TB for OS X apps mass storage photos films etc.
2TB for video storage of recordings (game played in 4K recorded at 1080p)

4TB HD (in partitions): -----Version 2-----

2TB for games (windows)
2TB for other OS X stuff

and a external thunderbolt hard drive configured for windows recording and OS X editing

Tell me your opinions and what to do.

Thank You :)

@MangoIce There's no reason to post this in Bat Cave. Try either general help or in the
Multibooting sections to get help with this issue. Thanks in advance.

Sorry :)

didnt know where to put the thread

exFAT is really your only option here. It's the only modern filesystem natively supported by both Windows and OS X. Just fire up Disk Utility and format your drive/partition using exFAT.

exFAT Disk Util.jpg

Also, if you're going to be using that partition for video capture/editing; I would suggest it being the largest partition you can afford.

exFAT is really your only option here. It's the only modern filesystem natively supported by both Windows and OS X.

exFAT is a poor choice - It's a file system devised for flash drives and has hardly any resilience.
This means if you suffer the slightest error you can lose all of your data.
Sharing the disk between operating systems increases the chance of corruption and subsequent data loss.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExFAT

Sharing the disk between operating systems increases the chance of corruption and subsequent data loss.

Agreed but he asked. He could always install FUSE on his Mac and format the drive as NTFS but obviously that doesn't supplant the above issue. Hey that's what backups are for, right?! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back