Graphics
Zotac ZT-70401-10P GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I want a graphics card that can game in eyefinity when I boot into Windows 7 but then when I boot into Mac OSx I want it to be able to run perfectly all 3 monitors with no issues oh and I would rather not have a xfire/sli setup (ik that it doesn't work for mac to I have just had a lot of issues with lag and stuff and would rather not use a xfire/sli setup)
My New Setup
CPU: i7 3770k
Mobo: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
Monitors: 3x http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824260038
Does anything else in my build matter? Oh and I was planing on running those monitors at 1080p to game since 1440p would be way to crazy.
My Budget
$150-$250

How do 480 GTX work? Would I be able to handle 3 1440p monitors in OSx?

I've used PowerColor HD6870 to run 3 monitors setup. Everything work out of box. Nothing to config.

Nvidia cards are no good for multiple displays beyond two, unless you wait for 600-series compatibility. And three of those...
You're going to need some serious graphics horse power, so you might just want to wait for the new Nvidia cards.

moarfish said:
I've used PowerColor HD6870 to run 3 monitors setup. Everything work out of box. Nothing to config.
Do both the DVI ports work I keep hearing how only one works on the XFX model.

thelostswede said:
Nvidia cards are no good for multiple displays beyond two, unless you wait for 600-series compatibility. And three of those...
You're going to need some serious graphics horse power, so you might just want to wait for the new Nvidia cards.
I don't want to but the cheapest option right now looks like crossfire HD 6870s.

GTX 480 only does 2 monitors.

I hear the 680 does 3 monitors, but I guess it's barely supported here if at all, and it's around $500.

Sasquatch00 said:

I hear the 680 does 3 monitors, but I guess it's barely supported here if at all, and it's around $500.
the 480 only does 2 in windows to thats proably the issue :lol: im thinking about buying 2 6870s which will be $300 which isn't that bad but another $200 for displayport to dvi hurts bad..

jerdav2009 said:
Sasquatch00 said:

the 480 only does 2 in windows to thats proably the issue :lol: im thinking about buying 2 6870s which will be $300 which isn't that bad but another $200 for displayport to dvi hurts bad..

Dude, the Dell monitors have DP input... why would you use adapters? All yo need is a mini DP to DP adapter (Sapphire supplies one with their cards) and you can get a basic adapter like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6812999800 for $5...

Also, in OS X you can use CrossFire or SLI bridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back