Which gpu for 3 displays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
500 said:
dxiong5 said:
jester969 said:
A HD6870 will do and works OOB.

OOB = Out Of Box ;)

Lol thanks ;) so this one will do? http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0364079

I'm also looking at using the HD6870, and what I've come across is that it works OOB (and as stated by jester969). I'm not sure about 3 monitors though (since I'm only planning on 2, and have only searched for info regarding 2). There's this active/passive port concept that enables video to work with certain ports - I forget what it exactly entails. I think you'll need an adapter for some of the ports.

He will get three monitors out of that 6870.

He will have to get a active adapter for DP port.

jester969 said:
He will get three monitors out of that 6870.

He will have to get a active adapter for DP port.
Do i have to buy tat adapter?

The third monitor will get the DP port. The two DVIs won't function using GE=YES since one DVI will work. If you go the GE=NO route DVD Player may not work as should.

jester969 said:
The third monitor will get the DP port. The two DVIs won't function using GE=YES since one DVI will work. If you go the GE=NO route DVD Player may not work as should.
Oh ok 3lcd is tv basicly is syncmaster t220 so I cant hook it up with hdmi cable?so then y they put on card so many outputs when u cant use them?
What is GE?

We are using OS X with pc parts. You forget this is not Windows you are installing.

GE=YES is GraphicsEnabler for gfx support. A boot flag if you will.

jester969 said:
We are using OS X with pc parts. You forget this is not Windows you are installing.

GE=YES is GraphicsEnabler for gfx support. A boot flag if you will.
Oh ok so If I want to run it from win7 I dont need tat adapter?
I didnt install os x yet

I have GV-R687OC-1GD and it's work with 4 monitor without problem(dvi(main)+hdmi(second)+2 minidp-2-vga(mediaprojector))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back