Graphics
Sapphire VaporX 1GB Radeon HD5870)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. I would like to buy a Gigabyte motherboard with P45 Intel Chipset. Which of those you recommend and why?

Thanks!

Attachments

• gaep45.PNG
    gaep45.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 173
ultraxmode said:
Hi. I would like to buy a Gigabyte motherboard with P45 Intel Chipset. Which of those you recommend and why?

Thanks!

I use a Gigabyte EP45-UD3L as my last system and it works well with both Snow Leopard and Lion. It uses DDR2 RAM however.

It may be better to consider the EP45T-UD3LR, which uses DDR3 RAM.

However, all this depends on whether you can find them. These motherboards are no longer made and you may need to consider second hand ones.

Jamesbond007 said:
ultraxmode said:

Thanks!

I use a Gigabyte EP45-UD3L as my last system and it works well with both Snow Leopard and Lion. It uses DDR2 RAM however.

It may be better to consider the EP45T-UD3LR, which uses DDR3 RAM.

However, all this depends on whether you can find them. These motherboards are no longer made and you may need to consider second hand ones.

Yeah, I will definitely buy a "used" motherboard. For the memory issue, I already have 4 x 2GB memory modules of G.Skill 1066MHz DDR2 , so I'm OK with that. I also got an Intel Q9550 processor.

I just need this motherboard to build an HTPC working along with Plex.

One thing though. I definitely want the SLEEP and WAKE function. Is your motherboard working with Sleep and Wake functions? Shutdown? Restart?

Thank you!

I have the EP45-UD3R and i like it. Great overclocking capabilities, and works well with mac os x. Check this forum thread for more informations: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=36511

ultraxmode said:
Yeah, I will definitely buy a "used" motherboard. For the memory issue, I already have 4 x 2GB memory modules of G.Skill 1066MHz DDR2 , so I'm OK with that. I also got an Intel Q9550 processor.

One thing though. I definitely want the SLEEP and WAKE function. Is your motherboard working with Sleep and Wake functions? Shutdown? Restart?

Thank you!

I am not concerned with Sleep and Wake, so I never tested that when I was using the EP45-UD3L with the Q9550. Shutdown and restart worked perfectly with both Snow Leopard and Lion (10.7.3).

mister_spaccato said:
I have the EP45-UD3R and i like it. Great overclocking capabilities, and works well with mac os x. Check this forum thread for more informations: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=36511

Thanks I will check it out! Does sleep works ? Wake?

Jamesbond007 said:
ultraxmode said:

Thank you!

I am not concerned with Sleep and Wake, so I never tested that when I was using the EP45-UD3L with the Q9550. Shutdown and restart worked perfectly with both Snow Leopard and Lion (10.7.3).

I really need Sleep and Wake cause I want to be able to "wake it" from the Apple Remote in 2 seconds just like every Media Player does.

ultraxmode said:
I really need Sleep and Wake cause I want to be able to "wake it" from the Apple Remote in 2 seconds just like every Media Player does.

Apple Remote? Are you sure that it will work with a hacktinosh?

Jamesbond007 said:
Apple Remote? Are you sure that it will work with a hacktinosh?

Yeah! I already checked that in another Hackintosh. It works like a dream!

Here : http://photos.pottebaum.com/gallery/7075206_LwKc4

I bought an Apple IR module from the US (I live in Greece) and I did what the guide says. I had to go to a Radio Shack store. Some guy there helped me to do it. (I dont have a soldering tool) but it's pretty straightforward and simple ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back