Contribute
Register

WHICH GIGABYTE MOTHERBOARD IS THE MOST STABLE FOR OS X ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good enough.
The Gigabyte's Z68 motherboards are pretty good.

vaK said:
hey guys.
building another rig, what is the most stable motherboard for OS X ?
and is this one good GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 ?

I am using this motherboard, and it works great under both Snow Leopard and Lion.

Jamesbond007 said:
vaK said:
hey guys.
building another rig, what is the most stable motherboard for OS X ?
and is this one good GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 ?

I am using this motherboard, and it works great under both Snow Leopard and Lion.

I can report the same, typing this on my hack right now. It's been stable for a few months now, no problems.

Does anyone know what the best MOBO is fo OSX, Gigabyte seems to be the best OSX-wise but I read on every review on the z68 about reboot loops, the 58 is old tech and the z77 has limited Overclocking options.

boathouse said:
Does anyone know what the best MOBO is fo OSX, Gigabyte seems to be the best OSX-wise but I read on every review on the z68 about reboot loops, the 58 is old tech and the z77 has limited Overclocking options.

As far as I know the reboot loops were a problem for a small group of boards made in one case (physical defect), and the rest of the boot loops were fixed with a BIOS update.

This is childish, but all I could think of while typing 'boot loops' was "Fruit Loops" and that bird. xD

ChiefWizard said:
boathouse said:

As far as I know the reboot loops were a problem for a small group of boards made in one case (physical defect), and the rest of the boot loops were fixed with a BIOS update.

This is childish, but all I could think of while typing 'boot loops' was "Fruit Loops" and that bird. xD
Really!? you are putting me at ease Mister, because almost every z68 board had someone review it and say something about a boot loop.

I plan on purchasing all my components soon after mountain Lion is released.

Again, just basing this off info I've read because I was concerned for my board. But from the "info" on multiple forums the consensus has been that there was a bad batch of boards produced in one case, and a BIOS issue in another. Though if it worries you, pick a different manufacturer or a Z77 board to put your mind at ease.

ChiefWizard said:
Again, just basing this off info I've read because I was concerned for my board. But from the "info" on multiple forums the consensus has been that there was a bad batch of boards produced in one case, and a BIOS issue in another. Though if it worries you, pick a different manufacturer or a Z77 board to put your mind at ease.
Im not sure of any other compatible z68 boards other than Gigabyte.

The asus pxxx -v pro board is not what im looking for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back