Contribute
Register

Which Case for i7-2600K Build ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's my only beef with the P183. No front FW port. I'm thinking of installing one of these.

13-999-356-02.jpg

I looked at those in the past and just haven't gotten around to it. Though I'll probably go ahead and do it soon rather than getting a different case. I do like the fact that the 183 has a door you can close to keep toddler fingers from pressing the power/restart button. :D It also gives it a sleeker look and seems to make it nice and quiet.

The best design I've seen so far is the Silverstone case. I also like the Fractal Design R3, even the NZXT H2. But for price point, features, and decent design, Fractal Design R3 stands out so far. Does anyone have any other suggestions with the "closed-face" design, low noise, dust filters on fans, no windows or side grill, with a pricepoint of $70-120?

I looked at the Fractal, but personally didn't like the vented side panel. The H2 is very nice... until I saw the top. There is no perfect PC case for me. The G5 PowerMac case is the "perfect" one :)

You don;t like the Antec P183? $126 ($6 above your budget)

keep toddler fingers from pressing the power/restart button.

Man, I remember those days... what's up with these crawling kids .They always seem to find that "power/reset" button!

Yeah NZXT really screwed up with the top of the case.
As for the P183, I thought it was $140, plus I have more of a black theme with my current desktop setup, which is why I liked fractal and H2.

Actually the Antec P280 is pretty clean, even if it is a little big. Hmm

...Exactly, talk about frustration when finding a good looking case!
A lot of companies copy Apple's style, how come case manufacturers haven't made a good attempt yet? Haha.

A lot of companies copy Apple's style, how come case manufacturers haven't made a good attempt yet? Haha.

One word.... COST. It will be expensive to sell it.

We're talking about 0.125" thick aluminum, brushed, and *curved*. Almost seamless, no rivets/screws visible, no external plastic and plastic chrome parts, tight fit, tight tolerance, etc...

P280 is $118 at Provantage. http://www.provantage.com/antec-p280~7ANTG07N.htm

im a little bias....
very quiet

Attachments

• IMG_20120302_200949.jpg
    IMG_20120302_200949.jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back