Graphics
GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I'm thinking about getting the wireless bluetooth keyboard and mouse from Apple for my Hackintosh. At the moment I'm using some random Logitech USB mouse and keyboard it works fine but I just think the Apple mouse and keyboard would look so nice on my black desk. Of course before buying anything I wanted to do a little research. I have two main concerns with the two bluetooth adapters that are listed in the buyers guide... Do the adapters recommended work in Chimera Bootloader? I'm asking this because I dual boot with Windows 8 so I need to be able to select which OS I want to boot into. My second concern is if both the adapters work well with 10.9.4? Do both the adapters wake up the Hackintosh from sleep? How good is the connection between the Apple bluetooth mouse and keyboard? If anyone has any other recommendations for bluetooth adapters that work well with 10.9.4 please list them I mainly just want the adapter to work in Chimera Bootloader so I can select the OS I want to but into and wake up my Hackintosh from sleep. By the way my motherboard is the Gigabyte H61M-DS2 rev2.1.

Cheers! :thumbup:

As far as I know, you won't be able to use a Bluetooth keyboard for Chimera or even access the BIOS. This is because the bluetooth pairing happens after Mac OS X loads up. Also, According to the July 2014 CustoMac guide, the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter wakes up from sleep, and the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter also wakes up from sleep. If I were you, I would get the wired Apple KB w/ Numeric pad and get a Magic Mouse (I'll be doing that). I myself don't have a Bluetooth adapter yet so if anyone that has one can please chime in? ;)

I am using a native Apple bluetooth module 94360CD and it works in BIOS and Chimera. For the occasional times it does not, I do a complete power shutdown/disconect power and reconnect 30 seconds later and it works. Might be a clash with pairings between W8 and OSX.

As far as I know, you won't be able to use a Bluetooth keyboard for Chimera or even access the BIOS. This is because the bluetooth pairing happens after Mac OS X loads up. Also, According to the July 2014 CustoMac guide, the GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter wakes up from sleep, and the IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter also wakes up from sleep. If I were you, I would get the wired Apple KB w/ Numeric pad and get a Magic Mouse (I'll be doing that). I myself don't have a Bluetooth adapter yet so if anyone that has one can please chime in? ;)

i decided to get the GYME Bluetooth 4.0 adapter and see how that works out i was actually thinking of doing what you mentioned getting the wired keyboard with the magic mouse but i think im just going to go all out bluetooth i do dual boot with windows but its not often most of the time i can get done whatever needs to be done in a vm thanks for the input appreciate it :thumbup:

I am using a native Apple bluetooth module 94360CD and it works in BIOS and Chimera. For the occasional times it does not, I do a complete power shutdown/disconect power and reconnect 30 seconds later and it works. Might be a clash with pairings between W8 and OSX.

awesome man! i was looking at some of the mods on ebay i might consider getting one in the future but for now i think im just going to try out the GYME Bluetooth 4.0 adapter and see how that works out thanks for the reply! :D

awesome man! i was looking at some of the mods on ebay i might consider getting one in the future but for now i think im just going to try out the GYME Bluetooth 4.0 adapter and see how that works out thanks for the reply! :D

And? I have the GBU521 and it f's the entire computer up.

Yeah I have the GBU521 too. It worked for 1 week and then started causing problems. It would act as if I was plugging the dongle in and out of the computer. The computer would lag badly when running any applications in Windows and would cause Mavericks to freeze occasionally. After a couple days I decided to plug it back in and not all the way. The last few days it has been working properly without any problems.

I read somewhere that it works best in a USB 2.0 port. Indeed, it seems to be working mostly fine in there. Sometimes, the Magic Mouse goes nuts and jumps to the top left corner of the screen. I just pull the adapter out and replug and its all working again. I guess it's true: Hackintosh cost + quirks + time + frustration = real mac pro cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back