CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
HI!!!! Because I`m having troubles geting the sandy brige CPU in my country, I would like to know wich models can i get and wich are the best to use to have SL working.

I have bought an i5 ivi bridge and I realized that it doesn't work well with SL, so I need alternatives

Thanks

Wich are the best i5 and i7 for SL??

You will just have to find a first gen i5 or i7 and a compatible motherboard.

HI!!!! Because I`m having troubles geting the sandy brige CPU in my country, I would like to know wich models can i get and wich are the best to use to have SL working.

I have bought an i5 ivi bridge and I realized that it doesn't work well with SL, so I need alternatives

Thanks

pilukycba

Would have been great to know which MB you have - but whats really needed is to know what is the Intel chipset that the MB is built around
General rule of thumb - the Z77 H77 B75 's are for IVy Bridge - the Z68 are for Sandy Bridge the P55 etc are for first gen i series CPU's.
I maybe missing some but you get the idea.

Ok so if you have a Motherboard and it has a dsdt listed in the TMX86 DSDT database and it has the Bios that matches the DSDT version number - and you want to use the Sandy Bridge CPU's - its more of what you want the CPu to do

If your surfing and just doing office stuff and light gaming the i3's are great
If your doing that and some gaming the the i5's are great
If your doing that and gaming and data base or video or sound all together then the i7's are great

If your planning the overclock then you want an unlocked i series CPU - one w a K on the end!

Its more of what you want the rig to do ...

Any Sandy Bridge will need to use the Update Helper program for osx SL 10.6.X to work.

IF you could post the motherboard that you intend to use that would be helpfull otherwise we are speaking in generalities.

Thanks

Look at the DSDT database and see which boards are listed. If they are in the list there is a DSDT and you can get it working 100%. So look at what is available where you are and check the database to see if it is there.

Thanks

pilukycba

If you can only get a Ivy Bridge processor and your Mother Board is one of the newer units or an older one that supports Ivy Bridge CPUs and you have a DSDT - very important - you may need to make on - and you want to install OSX SL instead of Lion or ML ....

then you should look at the new iBoot for Ivy Bridge CD - that is listed in the Downloads section - this should enable you to use a IB cpu on motherboards.

I believe that you use this in-place of the original iBoot cd ; and follow the guide for a sandy bridge install
(update helper)

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back