ATI 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello you geeks xD

I wanted to ask on which 5770 model you'd vote on, as it will be probably supported with 10.6.5.

I want it to be quiet, and I've read about the Saphire HD 5770 Vapor-X and the MSI HD 5770 Hawk being good options. They say that the MSI Hawk is a bit quieter but consums more power when idle.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

elouvee

Hi elouvee,

If you want something silent, why not a PowerColor Go! Green HD5750 fanless with a 90mm nexus fan on it.

Or a cheapest 5770 and you add an artic cooling accelero on it with one ore two fans @6v

sub said:
Hi elouvee,

If you want something silent, why not a PowerColor Go! Green HD5750 fanless with a 90mm nexus fan on it.

Or a cheapest 5770 and you add an artic cooling accelero on it with one ore two fans @6v
Thanks for your reply. This would be an option but I'd prefer a product which i can use OOB w/o adding any fans...

I've read that your choice is more or less identical to the ATI reference model, while the Saphire Vapor-X is optimized for better and quieter colling. I think I'll go for the Vapor-X, but not until there's an easier way to get it running...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back