Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I bought an atheros adapter AR9285 on Ebay for HP/Compaq, but it said some HPs won't work. I thought I'd try and it doesn't work. My probook recognizes it, but says its not compatible. Does anyone have a link that will work with it for sure? Sorry if this has been asked, but I tried searching on this forum. Thanks.

So I bought an atheros adapter AR9285 on Ebay for HP/Compaq, but it said some HPs won't work. I thought I'd try and it doesn't work. My probook recognizes it, but says its not compatible. Does anyone have a link that will work with it for sure? Sorry if this has been asked, but I tried searching on this forum. Thanks.

Sure thing would probably be direct from HP. The HP part number is in the FAQ.

Can anybody post the part number? I get lost in these forums. Thanks in advance

Thank you Nic. I loved you in wickerman

I too ordered one from ebay but the card was a dud so I ordered from HP and that
card worked and is still working flawlessly.

Hansel sorry I was unable to respond to your pm.
System says I need to make more posts before I can send any pm.

For anyone who might want it, here's the part number for the wifi card from the HP online store and their 800 number to order:
593127-001 B/G/N WLAN card - Half MiniCard HMC combo
HP online parts: 800-227-8164

I just bought this one:
http://r.ebay.com/k5MAzH

The HP Support Store shows this picture:
http://h30125.www3.hp.com/csnOther/SPICatalog/photos/593127-001.jpg

Which is also available here:
http://amzn.com/B0092JZD5C

I think the HP ProBook will lead the way into the laptop world for Tonymac since mobility is where its at today and the HP ProBook arm have been very enthusiastic and professional.

Did run into a glitch though with the new card or rather with removing the old card and booting the system without a wireless card. I couldn't just plug it in and be up and running again-the boot process looped rebooting the system, Unibeast booted it fine. I tried installing the 10.8.2 kexts again using the HP PB Installer, along with Chimera but same deal. I even extracted and patched a new DSDT compile. Didn't know where to ask on this forum so I just reinstalled ML and I'm up and running again--gave me a chance to install Ubuntu dual boot. But the card is working fine.

I just wonder how brittle our HP ProBook 4x30s are and why--guess the drivers and system definitions are exactingly specific. I helped someone with another 4350s where I compiled the DSDT while a non supported wireless card was inside, then replaced the card without updating the DSDT. The network worked fine until Christmas and then it didn't see the local wireless network while another machine did. When I got there yesterday the machine was detecting networks again but I reran the DSDT process and I've not heard any complaints so far. I guess that's why Apple is so picky about what hardware it uses.-?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back