Motherboard
HP Elitebook 2570p-Clover
CPU
i7-3520M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
PUZZLE: My system Works but it shouldn't. I want to customize my boot.plist but changes have no effect. I even replaced the theme folder with another default theme but it still uses the previous theme. So, where is it getting the boot info from?

Clues:
  1. I have a r9-270X graphics card which requires booting to an EFI partition which I created and it solved the boot issues (weeks ago).
  2. Primary boot drive is my SSD disk 0, backup and data files are on disk 1. Disk 2 is Windows7
  3. I searched for Extra folders and had some on the backup drive. I deleted them. I also deleted every Theme folder on the primary SSD and back-up HD. No change.

To get it booting to the SSD I think I can do the following but I want to know where on earth it's booting from. Especially now that I've made a few changes to the boot.plist that may or may not work.

Open Applications/Utilities/Terminal
Type: sudo -s
Enter your password.
Type: fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
Type: p
Type: f 1
Type: w
Type: y
Type: quit
Type: rm -R /boot /Extra

I solved it (or at least fixed it)

When I upgraded to 10.9.4 and ran the new MB, I should have redone the the EFI partition. So, next time I upgrade Chamira, I need to recreate the EFI partition—with two differences to the guide:

1. Move the extra file from the EFI partition to the root of my HD (where MB originally installed it)
  2. Run the new Multibeast checking off Chimera (at least)
  3. Reformat and mount my EFI partition
  4. Install Chimera to the EFI partition (instead of using the USB as the source, use the drive where Multibeast just installed it— cd /Mavericks/usr/standalone/i386)
  5. Copy Extra folder to the new EFI partition
  6. Set EFI partition as active

I learn so much from this site... time for another contribution.

It runs pretty fast. I don't really know what it's capable of but I get 2785 fps in Novabench. 30 fps w unique heaven. With windows, I get about 15% better scores. I don't know why.

Good luck with yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back