I7 6700K
Graphics
2 x EVGA 980GTX Ti SLi
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

So i'm wondering where is teh general information about how to force OSX yosemite to acknowledge an overclocked CPU.

I have a i7 3770K overclocked to 4.7Ghz stable on water in Windows 7, and when dual booting into OSX and running intel power gadget tool, it reports the cpu stuck at 3.5Ghz. It never fluctuates.

Is there some sort of guide for overclocking and may i please have the link?

Many thanks

Just spent over an hour searching the net for a CPU core clock monitoring program where i can see realtime fluctuations of each core's clock and utilization, and can't find anything?

What does everybody use on here to monitor their CPUs?

Intel Power Gadget

Edit*

It does not show each core

Intel Power Gadget

Edit*

It does not show each core

Hey Neon... always to the rescue! :D

I have intel power gadget but i thought it was broken or not compatible, becauase when i run it side-by-side with Geek Bench and run the benchmark, it just shows the CPU stuck at 3.5GHz, constantly.

You know of a way to tell osx to overclock to my BIOS clock of 4.7GHz?

Anyone care to point me in the right direction, a guide would be useful.. i can't seem to find one o_O

Anyone care to point me in the right direction, a guide would be useful.. i can't seem to find one o_O

It seems to be a common theme, Ive seen several threads lately posting OS X not seeing their OC
Im sure you scoured the OC section so hopefully somebody with something to add will stand up:thumbup:

IIRC the main point seems to be to ensure that EIST is disabled in your BIOS.

Just spent over an hour searching the net for a CPU core clock monitoring program where i can see realtime fluctuations of each core's clock and utilization, and can't find anything?

What does everybody use on here to monitor their CPUs?

You`ve probably figured out by now most users prefer HWMonitor? Also, any feedback on success with OC in Yosemite?

You`ve probably figured out by now most users prefer HWMonitor? Also, any feedback on success with OC in Yosemite?

I use Intel Power Gadget to check OC speeds. I have an i7-4790K running stable at 4.8Ghz on water in El Capitan and Windows 10. Always has issues with USB not working after sleep in OS X with an over clock but recently found RehabMans DMG of stuff 9 series boards and everything works great now with his SSDT.

Guys I`ve managed to overclock now at 4.2ghz on my i7 3770k.

Geekbench score below:

I`m having difficulty finding info overclocking on os x. How do you consider a stable overclock? Which tests precautions should you take? xmp memory vs auto? Hyper threading or disabled? Editing config.plist for the system and programs to recognise your overclocked frequency.

So many questions I know, but any help would be appreciated. I`m just starting out now....

geekbench.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back