Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
msi gaming
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
gtx 970 sli
Hi Everybody. Please try to help me figure out why it says i only have 7mb Nvidia chip.

I have a gtx 970, 4970k cpu, msi gaming mobo, 16gb rams 2285mhz

i did a fresh install and my "about this mac" is telling me "NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB" instead of my actual graphics card.

inject nvidia is not checked.

Nothing in my graphics section is checked. (whole graphics page is empty)

I'm using iMac 15,1

I did bunch of research but i have missed the solution (could have been posted on this website somewhere)

If anybody has solved this problem. Please help out, send me the link.. anything helps.. thank you!

It seems like you haven't spent time with your pal google (You didn't do research at all...)

You need Nvidia Web Drivers

when you boot into OS X without the webdrivers use the flag nv_disable=1
Then go to the front page of tonymacx86 and click on the webdrivers link and it will lead you into a thread and then there would be a link to the nvidia webdrivers

After installing the webdrivers

when you boot up the next time you use the flag nvda_drv=1

It seems like you haven't spent time with your pal google (You didn't do research at all...)

You need Nvidia Web Drivers

when you boot into OS X without the webdrivers use the flag nv_disable=1
Then go to the front page of tonymacx86 and click on the webdrivers link and it will lead you into a thread and then there would be a link to the nvidia webdrivers

After installing the webdrivers

when you boot up the next time you use the flag nvda_drv=1

I did do that and it still didn't work. That's the only reason why I made this thread.

I switched from 15,1 to 14,1 and for some reason it worked

Run Clover Configurator and install (check) "EmuVariableUEFI-64", Remove (uncheck) "Inject nVidai Set to True", exit, save; reboot.

You may also need to "Install RC Scripts on target volume".

Run clover configurator and on the boot option choose only nvda_drv=1
save then restart

If the NV web drivers are loaded you have nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back