Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7-4790K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980ti
Hey guys,

I am having no luck finding boot logs in any of the Library folders or any of the folders that show up in console.

I am aware there are boot arguments I can add to config.plist such as LogEveryBoot=Yes/No and LogLocation=PATH but what is Clover's default behavior and location for logs? Do I have to set these arguments in order to generate logs?

I have read that I can access boot logs from Clover Configurator, which I will try soon but I would like to know how to do this without configurator.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the response. I usually mount the efi partition from command line. I looked around in there for boot logs but didn't find any. Are they stored somewhere on the efi partition and I just missed them?

I cannot find the boot log file on my Clover/High Sierra 10.13 USB drive, in order to troubleshoot on the U430 installation forum. I have tried adding LogLineCount=0, LogEveryBoot=Yes, and LogLocation=EFI\ to my config.plist, using Clover Configurator, but I still cannot seem to locate a boot log.

This is on a secondary Hackintosh (or at least I hope to make it a Hackintosh) from the one on my profile.

Machine #2: Lenovo ideapad U430 touch; CPU i5-4200U, Graphics HD 4400, Memory 8G, WiFi: BCM94352HMB

Amen to this question. I'm trying to find the boot log on boot disk B (not booting properly), while booted from healthy boot disk A. dmesg and similar utils will only show me boot log from the OS currently running. I want the log from the copy of the OS that was on the other boot disk. Where to look?

Yes, still relevant here.

For example, I saw this error on a boot. Since it was a fresh install the boot took a bit and I was able to catch some glimpses, but generally it flips too quickly before your eyes. Having a log saved somewhere would be cool. I just mounted my EFI and was surprised the HDD doesn't have a debug.log like the USB installer EFI does.

This is the error I saw, obviously not something you want buried:
power management may be incomplete or unsupported

How do I find the boot logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back