Contribute
Register

Where can I buy this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For this by now I only have a question:
is needed a DSDT because is a laptop, right?

I have a problem that i don't know how solve it, a few days ago I've tried extract my dsdt, but when I click on compile I have 2 errors that can't be fixed.

Thnks!

Errors are typical. Upload the DSDT.

Errors are typical. Upload the DSDT.

RehabMan I'm going to upload my dsdt, but I have a question. I've ordered a BCM94352HMB, if i change the pci card, I have to edit the dsdt again?
Second thing, I have been watching my dsdt and I've saw eight cores in Scope (_PR), I only have a Intel core i5-3230M with 2 cores and 2 thread, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong when I extract the dsdt or this is so.

Thank you so much.

PD. I've uploaded the dsdt in .zip because in .dls the page gives me error for size.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 82
RehabMan I'm going to upload my dsdt, but I have a question. I've ordered a BCM94352HMB, if i change the pci card, I have to edit the dsdt again?

Unless you know how to check for whether it is necessary or not (compare OperationRegion address from DSDT extracted before and after the hardware upgrade), it is usually a good idea to re-extract, re-patch DSDT after hardware upgrades.

Second thing, I have been watching my dsdt and I've saw eight cores in Scope (_PR), I only have a Intel core i5-3230M with 2 cores and 2 thread, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong when I extract the dsdt or this is so.

Nothing wrong -- very typical.

PD. I've uploaded the dsdt in .zip because in .dls the page gives me error for size.

To fix your DSDT, patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Fix TNOT Error"

Second error is in WDCT (which is probably not called from OS X, as it is in WMI):
Code:
                    CreateField (Arg0, 0x0C, One, SWST)
                    CreateField (Arg0, 0x0D, One, SBST)
                    Store (SWST, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.WANE)
[B]                    Store (SBST (^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BUTE), Sleep (0x64))[/B]

Clearly an iasl bug (disassembler or iasl used to build the DSDT), as certainly what was intended:
Code:
                    //Store (SBST (^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BUTE), Sleep (0x64))
                    Store(SBST, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BUTE)
                    Sleep(0x64)

Unless you know how to check for whether it is necessary or not (compare OperationRegion address from DSDT extracted before and after the hardware upgrade), it is usually a good idea to re-extract, re-patch DSDT after hardware upgrades.

Nothing wrong -- very typical.

To fix your DSDT, patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Fix TNOT Error"

Second error is in WDCT (which is probably not called from OS X, as it is in WMI):
Code:
[B]                    Store (SBST (^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BUTE), Sleep (0x64))[/B]

Clearly an iasl bug (disassembler or iasl used to build the DSDT), as certainly what was intended:
Code:
                    //Store (SBST (^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BUTE), Sleep (0x64))
                    Store(SBST, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BUTE)
                    Sleep(0x64)

A lot of thanks RehabMan. I've applied the patch and the corrections and I have no errors now. I'm going to work about it, but I don't know what patches I have to apply.

Other thing is why I have to boot Yosemite with kernel flag "cpus=1"? and without it, the computer shows error "system uptime in nanoseconds (a number)"

Thanks a lot!

--------------------------Edit------------------------------

Now the computer doesn't boot up with the dsdt installed with multibeast. :S

Other thing is why I have to boot Yosemite with kernel flag "cpus=1"? and without it, the computer shows error "system uptime in nanoseconds (a number)"

Probably because of "Local APIC" panic. Install the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon (Chameleon Wizard).

Now the computer doesn't boot up with the dsdt installed with multibeast. :S

Make sure you saved it in the correct format.

I've saved in .aml. Is it right?

Thank you!!

.aml is a file extension (part of the name), not a format. Format is specified in the Save As dialog in MaciASL: "ACPI Machine Language Binary"

Post photo of your panic. And post content of /Extra folder (less Themes).

RehabMan, I've started all over again. I've downloaded Chameleon-2.2svn-r2327.pkg and I've installed only kernelPatcher module, the system won't boot up. I don't know if it's because the system is Yosemite.

Another thing, I've extracted the dsdt again, applied the corrections that you told me but when I open again the file, I have again this error:

Code:
If (LEqual (SBCM, Zero))
{
 [b]Store (SBST (^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BUTE) Sleep (0x64))[/b]
}

And I'm wondering, if I put this if there would be a problem:

Code:
If (LEqual (SBCM, Zero))
{
      [b]Store (SBST, ^^PCI0.LPCB.H_EC.BUTE) 
          //Sleep (0x64)[/b]
}

And other thing more, I only have to apply that patch for correct working on the laptop?

I really have to give you a lot of thanks for all things that you are doing for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back