Contribute
Register

When I install Mojave and win10 in one SSD,failed to install Mojave and Win10 was also damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z490i
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I installed Mojave in my desktop built by myself, I successfully entered the installation of majove at first time,But I couldn’t find HHD of my computer only SSD showing.I’ve also followed others’ suggestions adding SATA 100 series unsupported.kext. It didn’t work, so I decided to divide my only NVme ssd into 2 partitions. Then I tried again, it showed progress bar was moving, but suddenly it popped out black screen telling “failed to send exception EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY....” I wanted to restart my windows10, it was damaged with “Winload.efi”

Attachments

• D238FF98-6AC8-4DD9-BECD-BBBB6D8C6E4E.jpeg
    D238FF98-6AC8-4DD9-BECD-BBBB6D8C6E4E.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 75
  • 8468EF4D-303C-4D2C-9CAE-6585F997A2FA.jpeg
    8468EF4D-303C-4D2C-9CAE-6585F997A2FA.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 105
  • 7F405C31-3007-4FD0-8E47-4DB5ECBEBAB7.jpeg
    7F405C31-3007-4FD0-8E47-4DB5ECBEBAB7.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 72
Moved to Multi Booting.

When I installed Mojave in my desktop built by myself, I successfully entered the installation of majove at first time,But I couldn’t find HHD of my computer only SSD showing.I’ve also followed others’ suggestions adding SATA 100 series unsupported.kext. It didn’t work, so I decided to divide my only NVme ssd into 2 partitions. Then I tried again, it showed progress bar was moving, but suddenly it popped out black screen telling “failed to send exception EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY....” I wanted to restart my windows10, it was damaged with “Winload.efi”
One reason not to install on the same drive is that Mojave installer wants to reformat the drive APFS, Apple's new file format. APFS and Windows NTFS do not get along as well as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), both on GPT.
Suggest you try on separate drives.

One reason not to install on the same drive is that Mojave installer wants to reformat the drive APFS, Apple's new file format. APFS and Windows NTFS do not get along as well as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), both on GPT.
Suggest you try on separate drives.
I've tried again. It also happened this. I separate them, But after code was printed completely on screen, It didn't show apple logo and progress bar, But I can successfully enter installation interface. But when installing only 2 minutes left, It popped out "Failed to send exception EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY. error code : 5 for pid 205"

I've tried again. It also happened this. I separate them, But after code was printed completely on screen, It didn't show apple logo and progress bar, But I can successfully enter installation interface. But when installing only 2 minutes left, It popped out "Failed to send exception EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY. error code : 5 for pid 205"
This seems to be a problem with installing Mac OS on your hardware. Suggest you post the problem as a pure Mac OS one in the Mojave install forum and leave off mention of Win10 as it does not seem to have any impact on the Mac OS install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back