Contribute
Register

When I get my post deleted/moderated, can I at least get a notification as to *why* it was modded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A couple of hours ago, I posted on Buying Advice board about a PC case I found. I was very excited about this case, and I wanted to get some experienced builders' opinion on it.

Then I find that my post was deleted. No notifications, no reasons given, just gone.

And I'm like, "what gives?"

Was it deemed off-topic? Maybe in my excitement, my post came across as spammy? Or was there some other reason why my post was given a quick hook? I just don't know.

I've been around web and forums long enough to know that sometimes I can unwittingly cross a line, and if mods let me know that I crossed a line, I can take it and make necessary adjustments. No hard feelings.

But when my post gets deleted with no clear reasons given, then it just comes across as rude to me. This was my first post here in a long while, and I was happy to be back here on this forum, and suddenly I'm feeling very unwelcomed.

If I crossed some lines with my post, I apologize, but let me know what lines I crossed, so that I know not to make that mistake again. I may not have posted much, but I've been a member for over two years, and this is the first time I've felt unwelcome here. Please extend a common courtesy of letting me know *why* my post gets modded when you mod it.

Thank you.

p.s. oh, and if this is the wrong board to post this kind of stuff, please do let me know.

Your thread was removed because it broke the forum rules.
There is no requirement to notify you because you already agreed to abide by them when you created your user account.

ModBot was kind enough to email me and let me know where I messed up. (My post was indeed deemed to be spammy/advertising, for having included a link) Won't happen again.

While I understand that there is no requirement to notify someone like me, may I respectfully suggest that you do? It doesn't even have to be an elaborate notification (like the one ModBot kindly sent me); a simple message that says "modded: advertising" would be more than sufficient to let someone like me know where the line was crossed. It would have certainly saved me the trouble of typing up that post and saved you the trouble of reading and responding to it.

Thanks.

Due to the number of moderated posts this is not possible.

If you don't see a post, check the rules to see if that is why it isn't showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back