Contribute
Register

When I am trying to install clean Win10, installer doesn't see drives and asks for media drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
osx
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I had Hackintosh running nicely, but I am selling the computer and buyer wanted Win10. So me being nice told, yeah there should be no problem, I can install Win 10 for you. Easier said than done. Here are my steps:

I have made bootable USB drive (with disk utility) and it boots fine
After selecting language and keyboard, it comes to the screen: A media driver your computer needs is missing...
I assumed thats for the drives, so I went into diskpart and did following:

diskpart [enter]
>list disk [enter]
From the list above (assuming you have more than one HD installed, if not it'll be the only one), find the number corresponding to your HD.
>select drive [number] [enter]
>clean [enter]
>create partition primary [enter]
>select partition 1 [enter]
>active [enter]
>format fs=ntfs quick [enter]
>assign [enter]
>exit [enter]
>exit [enter]

nothing changes. The BIOS sees drives. Bios is set AHCI, UEFI and Legacy mode.

My motherboard is GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP4 TH and Samsun EVO 840 1TB SSD

I have spent about 8 hours trying to figure out and no luck. Would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks

You seem to have misunderstood the purpose of this site.
We support people who are installing Apple operating systems onto non Apple hardware.
There are plenty of Windows support forums where your problem might be better addressed.

I had a hackintosh, so I thought in process of making hackintosh I changed something in the configuration that needs to be changed back in order to install win10

I had a hackintosh, so I thought in process of making hackintosh I changed something in the configuration that needs to be changed back in order to install win10
Were that the case then a simple CMOS reset would do the trick.

Is there anything else I can reset besides loading optimized settings in BIOS?

Is there anything else I can reset besides loading optimized settings in BIOS?
Your question makes no sense.
It is a PC and by definition it can run Windows.

True. Thanks for your reply. I got it finally figured out, in case someone is in the same situation: The ISO was corrupted for me.

YAAAAY SO HAPPY NOW! I LOVE EVERYONE

Make an USB from the latest Win10 service pack from the windows website. Then make another. Test them both 3 times until you get to login. Then tape them to the inside of your case. Until 2020. Also, do the same with a windows recovery USB.

Also, buy two small SSDs and a 3TB HDD. Install Mac OS on one, and use the other for time machine. Format the 3TB with Mac OS to EXFAT. Now you can dual boot and mule files with the large HDD, and you always have a backup of your SDD Boot drive. Just saying, APFS ruined a 960 Sandisk drive of mine last week. Only a year old. Worked great until a month after being dual booted to APFS. Then died unexpectedly. My other 3 Sandisk 960gbs work well still. Beware the shiny new files system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back