Contribute
Register

When changing features through Multibeast, do I need to recheck all options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mavericks
CPU
i7 860
Graphics
GT240
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'd like to change my ethernet drivers on my motherboard through multibeast. Do i need to reload my DDST and have all the other options checked? Or can I just check the option I want to change and install?

I'd like to change my ethernet drivers on my motherboard through multibeast. Do i need to reload my DDST and have all the other options checked? Or can I just check the option I want to change and install?

If you installed the wrong ethernet driver, in MultiBeast it gives you install location of that driver. Navigate to it and remove it. And you don't have to select them all again. You can just apply the single ethernet driver.

Thanks @wildwillow.

So when I want to try other things, SSDT, etc... I can just check those individual things and install from there?

Do I have to delete them from the location if I decide it didn't work for me? Or do they delete if you don't select them when you do the next multibeast install?

Thanks @wildwillow.

So when I want to try other things, SSDT, etc... I can just check those individual things and install from there?

Do I have to delete them from the location if I decide it didn't work for me? Or do they delete if you don't select them when you do the next multibeast install?

Yes you check the individual things and install them individually. You will have to manually delete them. MultiBeast requires you know your motherboard etc. For example, if you were to select say intel ethernet, and then realise that you need Realtek. Running MultiBeast again without the Intel box checked will not remove.

If you select SSDT it will tell you it is installed in /Extra. It would be a good idea if you take a look at the link I have provided. Trial and error of MultiBeast may give you complications.

How To Know What To Install With MultiBeast

Fantastic info Wildwillow. Super helpful as I didn't know that I needed to delete those if i didn't want to use them.

Thanks much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back