Contribute
Register

What's the Simplest Mavericks Installation on Haswell without access to a Mac ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, here a newbie's question :
I want to build my first Hackintosh: an Haswell configuration. I want to install Maverick but don't have access to a Mac.
As I understand, the easiest way to do so is
step1) Purchase Snow Leopard retail DVD and install it using iBoot+Multibeast
step2) On this Sow Leopard Hackintosh, download Maverick and use Unibeast+Multibeast to install Mavericks from scratch ?

Is-this correct ?
What bother me is Snow Leopard wouldn't support Haswell so how can I proceed for step 1 ?
Is there another way (or at least an easiest way) to install Maverick from scratch without access to a Mac ?

Thanks for your help.
Ramanet

Thanks Boschrenier. But will it work also with snow leopard as it is the only version available on the appstore ?

yes snow leopard can work if you check http://www.apple.com/osx/how-to-upgrade/ under upgrading from a previous version the lowest is show leopard, if you use the App Store version to make a virtual machine you would still need a Mac first as the App store version isn't bootable, a retail copy would be better

There is a way to make a bootable from windows..
Google BootDiskUtility...I haven't personally tested it though

Hi, here a newbie's question :
I want to build my first Hackintosh: an Haswell configuration. I want to install Maverick but don't have access to a Mac.
As I understand, the easiest way to do so is
step1) Purchase Snow Leopard retail DVD and install it using iBoot+Multibeast
step2) On this Sow Leopard Hackintosh, download Maverick and use Unibeast+Multibeast to install Mavericks from scratch ?

Is-this correct ?
What bother me is Snow Leopard wouldn't support Haswell so how can I proceed for step 1 ?
Is there another way (or at least an easiest way) to install Maverick from scratch without access to a Mac ?

Thanks for your help.
Ramanet

Easiest way is with a Mac.

Your steps are partially correct.
step 1 purchase SL retail DVD - install with iBoot Haswell - no MultiBeast
step 2 update 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 and reboot with iBoot Haswell still
step 3 purchase/download Mavericks / download UniBeast app / use app to create USB installer
step 4 install Mavericks with UniBeast USB / download MultiBeast 6.0 and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back