Contribute
Register

What's the best supported Graphics Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P55-UD3
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTS250
Hey All,

My current build is now working well, but my Graphics card (8400GS) is rubbish. What's the best supported graphics card for the price?

Cheers!

I'm very happy with my GV-N98TSL-1GI Silent Cell...
Everything works OOB, Dual monitor (DVI & VGA) and even tested the HDMI with the included HDMI-DVI adapter and works fine.

What are your needs and budget ?

Cheers for reply :) Mainly going to be used for editing RAW images, photoshop etc. Wouldn't mind decent performance for modern games. Budget would be up to $200 NZD.

Generally any Nvidia 9xxx or 2xx series card works well, except for the 210.

Can anyone give me a link to a low profile video card that works well on Snow Leopard. My current Geforce 310 don't cut it or even work for that matter. Amazon and newegg links would work great.

Thanks for your help,
Pat

footlooseman said:
Can anyone give me a link to a low profile video card that works well on Snow Leopard. My current Geforce 310 don't cut it or even work for that matter. Amazon and newegg links would work great.

Thanks for your help,
Pat

Take a look in the User Builds forum for confirmed graphics cards- also, the wiki here: wiki/index.php?title=Graphics_Card_Database

Lnx2Mac said:
I'm very happy with my GV-N98TSL-1GI Silent Cell...
Everything works OOB, Dual monitor (DVI & VGA) and even tested the HDMI with the included HDMI-DVI adapter and works fine.

What are your needs and budget ?

I've got the same card as you but I cant get the HDMI output to work. The others are fine though. I really want to connect my hackintosh to my plasma telly. When I plug in my HDMI to my plasma I get the post screen come up and the grey screen with the apple logo but no further after that, so I'm close . . .

Also another BIG question does the HDMI output support audio as well?

If I could get the HDMI output to work properly I would be very grateful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back