HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't game on my computer or do any CAD or design work, but it's possible (if not likely) that I will be doing some Photoshop work on it. I understand that Photoshop now takes advantage of some of the advanced features of modern discrete video cards. What would be a good video card for Photoshop? I don't need the latest and greatest, but I would like something that will show some definite benefit. Price is a factor. The max I can spend is $250, but if I can get something that works for less than that, it would be much better.

EDIT: One more thing. The case I intend to use will only fit cards that are 10" long or shorter.

For this price I would suggest you a GTX 560 Ti.
Or this GTX 570.

I just found someone selling a used 27" LED Cinema Display on craigslist for $700. It's not an awesome price, but it's good enough. I know there are the cheaper Korean monitors, but this one is proven, and it will work well with whatever video card I ultimately decide on.

I have a Cinema Display 27 inch too and have a Radeon HD 6870 from XFX, because it has Mini-DisplayPort and I don't need a adapter or such.
For you chosen GTX 570 you would need a mini-HDMI to Mini-DisplayPort or DVI to Mini-DisplayPort Adapter. Don't know if one of each exists.

Good to note! Honestly, the less I can pay, the better. We'll see how this all plays out. That monitor is a serious chunk of change and will almost certainly set me back on other parts of my build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back