Contribute
Register

Whatevergreen black screen RX 5700 XT, and a few other issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont use the HDMI arc for video.

So I was in the HDMI-1/ARC port but the issue seems to be when Full UHD color is turned on for the port which cannot be turned off for HDMI-1. Plugging it into HDMI-2 with full UHD color off it works fine. Turning full UHD color back on for HDMI-2 it behaves like HDMI-1. Wondering if it is my cable which does support 4K60 4:4:4 but maybe something is wrong with it. I have a DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b adapter on the way to see if that has any effect.

EDIT: looks like 4:4:4 isn't working when full UHD color is enabled anyways. Using this test image:

EDIT #2: changing the picture mode to computer enables 4:4:4 chroma.

chroma-444.png

Last edited:
So I was in the HDMI-1/ARC port but the issue seems to be when Full UHD color is turned on for the port which cannot be turned off for HDMI-1. Plugging it into HDMI-2 with full UHD color off it works fine. Turning full UHD color back on for HDMI-2 it behaves like HDMI-1. Wondering if it is my cable which does support 4K60 4:4:4 but maybe something is wrong with it. I have a DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b adapter on the way to see if that has any effect.

EDIT: looks like 4:4:4 isn't working when full UHD color is enabled anyways. Using this test image:

EDIT #2: changing the picture mode to computer enables 4:4:4 chroma.

View attachment 463119
HDMI is for audio soundbar.

Maybe you have a bad cable, you need one that supports hdmi 2.0

HDMI is for audio soundbar.

Maybe you have a bad cable, you need one that supports hdmi 2.0

The cable I have definitely supports HDMI 2.0. In computer mode I am getting the full 4K60 4:4:4. I am fully familiar with what ARC if for, but it shouldn't matter because it just adds the audio return channel to the port. The big issue is being able to turn off full UHD color.

The cable I have definitely supports HDMI 2.0. In computer mode I am getting the full 4K60 4:4:4. I am fully familiar with what ARC if for, but it shouldn't matter because it just adds the audio return channel to the port. The big issue is being able to turn off full UHD color.

Try to use ycbcr444 or rgb 4 4 2, see how it goes.

Try to use ycbcr444 or rgb 4 4 2, see how it goes.

I think I am good now, thanks for helping again. Interestingly when set to Computer I am getting 4:4:4 chroma based on that test image even with Full UHD Color turned off. Turning on Full UHD Color in Computer mode actually makes the last two lines blurry. Though not as blurry as when I am not in Computer mode.

Final working result:
Picture Mode: Computer
Color Space: RGB
Full UHD Color: Off

Also changed to your SSDT for the 5700 XT injection. Here is my graphics section now.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 10.14.44 AM.png

I think I am good now, thanks for helping again. Interestingly when set to Computer I am getting 4:4:4 chroma based on that test image even with Full UHD Color turned off. Turning on Full UHD Color in Computer mode actually makes the last two lines blurry. Though not as blurry as when I am not in Computer mode.

Final working result:
Picture Mode: Computer
Color Space: RGB
Full UHD Color: Off

Also changed to your SSDT for the 5700 XT injection. Here is my graphics section now.

View attachment 463141

Give me your RX 5700 XT SSDT because I updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back