Contribute
Register

What would happen if I install a 10 series card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock H97M Pro4
CPU
i5-4670k
Graphics
RX 590 Sapphire Pulse
So I currently have my hackintosh setup on dual boot (separate hard drives) with MacOS and Windows 10. I already know that there's no mac drivers for the 10 series card. My question is, if I were to install a 10 series card, would I still be able to select the windows 10 boot from the Clover boot screen? If it does work, is there anything additional I need to do (i.e. manually install drivers) or is it simply plug-n-play?

I do not mind not being able to use MacOS for the time being, I just want to know if I can at least use a 10 series card without having to format my hackintosh setup. It was a pain to set up and took hours to find the right instructions for my motherboard so I do not want to go through all that again.

No, you will get a black screen in Clover.

What most people have been doing is setting iGPU as "Primary" in BIOS, and then using that GPU in macOS, then using 10 series in Windows. You will see Clover with iGPU (If your system has it). You have to switch cables or if your monitor has multiple inputs, set input 1 to iGPU and input 2 to Windows.

So:

For mac:
1. Start with iGPU connected
2. See clover. Pick macOS and go about your business.

For windows:
1. Start with iGPU connected
2. See clover. Pick Windows.
3. Once on desktop, switch your cable/input to nVidia card.
4. When done with Windows, switch to iGPU input/switch cable.
5. Shut down or restart.

Rinse and repeat.

Also please keep in other huge thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back