Contribute
Register

What would be a low-cost, decent video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7020 MT
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
Hello Everyone!
I kept studying the last few releases of the recommended hardware list, and found that the majority of video cards shown there are absolute overkill for my needs.

Could you guys recommend a decent PCI-e video card I could use in a Hackintosh with no trouble!
The HP 8000 or the FTS midi tower I play around with work fairly well with OS X, but their integrated graphics is not supported. I am looking for a low-cost add in card which is known to work well with OS X. It is mostly for general purpose office use, basic OS X apps. No Final Cut or Logic, and no modern games either. So any card from about 5-6 years ago would be sufficient. If it is still well supported on a Hackintosh using something between Snow Leopard and Yosemite.

If you have a recommendation, please post a reply here!

The Geforce 600 series/ Radeon 7000 series used are both fantastic value at the moment.

I am getting confused. Wasn't the Radeon 7000 series a PCI and AGP ERA card? I remember owning a Radeon 7200 or 7400 (which I foound to be a very buggy series) before I upgraded to a Radeon 9200. Were you referring to this Radeon 7000 series, or is there another Radeon 7000 series?

I am getting confused. Wasn't the Radeon 7000 series a PCI and AGP ERA card? I remember owning a Radeon 7200 or 7400 (which I foound to be a very buggy series) before I upgraded to a Radeon 9200. Were you referring to this Radeon 7000 series, or is there another Radeon 7000 series?

The HD 7000 series is the modern series, released in 2012.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_HD_7000_Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back