Contribute
Register

What WiFi BT card is recommended nowadays?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
So, thanks to the good folks here and the Dortonia guide, I have WiFi up and running on Sonoma. But the speed is really slow... a little over 100 MPS while my phone, in the same location is pulling down 600 MPS+. May be time for a new WiFi card. What is recommended these days that is Apple-native/Sonoma-compatible? I currently have a BCM9460CS.

What is recommended these days that is Apple-native/Sonoma-compatible? I currently have a BCM9460CS.
Because all Macs that can run Sonoma have soldered on Wifi/BT modules there are none available for purchase.

Because all Macs that can run Sonoma have soldered on Wifi/BT modules there are none available for purchase.
Ah. Well, then, what is the latest upgrade to the Broadcom card I have now?

what is the latest upgrade to the Broadcom card I have now?
The newest card that was used in the 2017 iMacs is the BCM943602CDP card. You can find one on Ebay. Will need a PCIe adapter that it fits into. Has to have 4 antennas on it. This card fits in the BCM94360CD adapters sold on Ebay.

s-l1600.jpg
1697474356491.png

Note that the card itself is not always the cause of slow speeds. It may not have the connecting wires seated properly. The antennas may not be working correctly or be blocked by a metal case etc. etc.

Last edited:
The newest card that was used in the 2017 iMacs is the BCM943602CDP card. You can find one on Ebay. Will need a PCIe adapter that it fits into. Has to have 4 antennas on it. This card fits in the BCM94360CD adapters sold on Ebay.

View attachment 573078 View attachment 573080

Note that the card itself is not always the cause of slow speeds. It may not have the connecting wires seated properly. The antennas may not be working correctly or be blocked by a metal case etc. etc.

Thank you. Should my card be capable of gigabit?

Back