Contribute
Register

What to do when following the Installation guide does not work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ECS H61H2-MV
CPU
i3-3220
Graphics
8400 GS
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Classic
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings,

The Installation Guide is very good when it works.. It is a clear step by step guide that does not assume you know anything. But when it does not work, a brick wall is suddenly hit. There is no such guide as how to proceed if you cannot get to the installation screen. Another such well written guide is needed to explain what to do then. This would reduce the number of requests for help posts in the forums that very often repeat the same things.

A longtime ago I installed Snow Leopard and the guide included things like flags to try if you could not get to installation. That is needed now.

Thanks

Greetings,

The Installation Guide is very good when it works.. It is a clear step by step guide that does not assume you know anything. But when it does not work, a brick wall is suddenly hit. There is no such guide as how to proceed if you cannot get to the installation screen. Another such well written guide is needed to explain what to do then. This would reduce the number of requests for help posts in the forums that very often repeat the same things.

A longtime ago I installed Snow Leopard and the guide included things like flags to try if you could not get to installation. That is needed now.

Thanks

The Installation Guide is very good when it works.. It is a clear step by step guide that does not assume you know anything. But when it does not work, a brick wall is suddenly hit. There is no such guide as how to proceed if you cannot get to the installation screen.
  • Some of the Steps that must be useful BEFORE using the GUIDE is to check if your chosen hardware (at least the MAJOR HARDWARE :CPU|Motherboard|Graphics) can meet the minimum required standards to be used for creating the chosen Version of macOS.
  • If the answer was not a clear YES, but you still went ahead following all the steps of the GUIDE faithfully but could not log into the Desktop of the new Hackintosh, then you should reevaluate the earlier step of where the Hardware was NOT MEETING the REQUIRED STANDARD and correct that missing ingredient.
  • A very quick look at your hardware shows your CPU supported Graphics is, Intel HD 2500. This is NOT SUPPORTED by Hackintosh High Sierra.
  • Before repeatedly trying with the same hardware using ANY GUIDE, you won't be able to install the System successfully and use it like a Hackintosh.

If the hardware meets the minimum requirement, you may be able to modify the Bootloader's various components such as the contents of its kexts/Other or drivers64UEFI folders or the config.plist's various menus including your mentioned "Boot Flags" or Boot Arguments" to overcome hurdles on the way to a successful installation.

The biggest problem I see newcomers to Hackintosh or those who were luckily choosing the right hardware by chance, is not paying attention to Hardware choice and then considering the GUIDE to be at fault for the failure to install.

I read your other post also. I have the same response to both your posts to this Forum.

Your Motherboard is OK. Try to get an inexpensive Graphics card like Nvidia GT 710, and you can install macOS all the way to Mojave on that Motherboard+CPU combination ->Motherboard:H61H2-MV; CPU:Intel Core i3-3220 @ 3.30GH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back