Graphics
Coming soon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys! I'm tossing up between building a new hackintosh PC which would probably be a mITX system or keeping my current PC running an i5 3570 and GIGABYTE Z77-D3H with Corsair Vengeance RAM and a WD Caviar Black/Samsung 830 SSD and running a hackintosh on it.

If I ran a hackintosh on my current PC I would like it almost like another PC but in the same box. It would have to be on a different drive and I would not like it to effect my windows files at all.

Would there be a way to do this and is my build able to work as a hackintosh?

Hey guys! I'm tossing up between building a new hackintosh PC which would probably be a mITX system or keeping my current PC running an i5 3570 and GIGABYTE Z77-D3H with Corsair Vengeance RAM and a WD Caviar Black/Samsung 830 SSD and running a hackintosh on it.

If I ran a hackintosh on my current PC I would like it almost like another PC but in the same box. It would have to be on a different drive and I would not like it to effect my windows files at all.

Would there be a way to do this and is my build able to work as a hackintosh?
It sounds like you want to create a dual boot system. Is that correct? There's no reason not to do it with your current hardware unless you are burning to buy a new motherboard, etc.

Yeah sorry I didn't say dual boot. So this wouldn't effect my windows installation at all if it was installed on a completely separate SSD? This PC is shared so I don't want it effecting anyone else's ability to use the PC running Windows.
Lastly, what would be the best drive to get?

Any tips/tutorials? - Should I take out all other drives during installation?

Yeah sorry I didn't say dual boot. So this wouldn't effect my windows installation at all if it was installed on a completely separate SSD? This PC is shared so I don't want it effecting anyone else's ability to use the PC running Windows.
Lastly, what would be the best drive to get?

Any tips/tutorials? - Should I take out all other drives during installation?
Yes, you can install OS X on a separate drive (SSD or HD - your choice). If you want to be able to dual boot from a menu, then you should probably use Clover as it's the best at handling booting to multiple operating systems with different drive formatting (NTFS, HFS, etc.). That's not to say it's the only way. The most basic way to avoid any possibility of interfering with your existing customized win 8.1 is to select the boot drive from the bios during boot (press the F12 key). There are lots of user experiences and useful info on this site. Search for dual boot and spend some time reading the various threads. The Z77-D3H is a nice MB, and you shouldn't have any problem getting OS X up and running. Good luck.

Ok. Thank you very much. I will update the thread when I'm done with the build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back