Contribute
Register

What the 2013 Mac Pro will really look like with external accessories...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the issue some might raise with the new MacPro but as most have said Apple will basically push everyone ahead some will be kicking and screaming and complaining and there are some who will happily move along. They've done it since the Apple II days. The biggest "kicking and screaming" event was the original iMac and no floppy drive which was a brand new concept that set the design world on it's ear just like this MacPro. For me when I get my new MacPro my existing MacPro will become the storage area for any data not needed on my new one and hold all it's current drives. The only external drive I'll need will be the TimeMachine drive and if I need a DVD-ROM for anything I'll use the "remote disk" option after it is enabled through terminal in Mavericks. I use that option on my Sawtooth build when I need to read a disk.

For those who are doing the kicking and screaming, settle down, it's not the end of the world.

I agree; well said. And who knows, perhaps we'll see some sort of housing accessories that will help clean up the clutter. A design like this encourages users to get creative.

select.png

Picture from Apple.com (mac store, mac-pro) 2013
Someone please explain.
Why does the MAC pro as seen in this picture only have ONE HDMI 1.4 port?
Especially when the MAC Pro 2013 will have dual GPU and OS X 10.9 (Maverick)
will support multiple displays and increase graphics (as mentioned in apple video)?

HDMI is a TV format not a Computer display format that why, HDMI is not great for computers but u can just use a DP to HDMI adapter

I understand HDMI isn't the greatest option but it is an option.

They want to force you down thunderbolt and daisy chaining.

Lock you in haha

Oh, now I get that "daisy chaining" statement. I read it but didn't quite understand, had to look up the 4k display to get it. So, couldn't you plug in 37 displays that could work based upon this "daisy chaining" and HDMI port. Sure it would be expensive and highly unnecessary, but possible? Yeah i know based upon graphics output for reasonable applications and frame rate dispersion, the graphics cards might not be able to handle the output, but lets be unreasonable for a second.

For instance new HDTV's now come with built in WIFI. Could you add a couple more displays and how many, while using WIFI internet, can stream video from a personal computer (or mac) before the streaming starts to buffer or fail?
WIFI streaming: "Most of them can also play videos and music, and display photos, off of any computer on the network. The computer has to be running DLNA server software, but that's not difficult. Windows Media Player--which comes bundled with Windows--is such a server." (http://www.techhive.com/article/227859/wireless_pc_tv.html)

So has anyone tried a DLNA server software like (http://www.plexapp.com/desktop/) for their Hackintosh Build, if so, did it work out?
And to get back on topic, if plex media software were to work decently with this new Mac Pro, couldn't you just wireless stream video for one or two monitors?

I understand HDMI isn't the greatest option but it is an option.

Oh, now I get that "daisy chaining" statement. I read it but didn't quite understand, had to look up the 4k display to get it. So, couldn't you plug in 37 displays that could work based upon this "daisy chaining" and HDMI port. Sure it would be expensive and highly unnecessary, but possible? Yeah i know based upon graphics output for reasonable applications and frame rate dispersion, the graphics cards might not be able to handle the output, but lets be unreasonable for a second.

For instance new HDTV's now come with built in WIFI. Could you add a couple more displays and how many, while using WIFI internet, can stream video from a personal computer (or mac) before the streaming starts to buffer or fail?
WIFI streaming: "Most of them can also play videos and music, and display photos, off of any computer on the network. The computer has to be running DLNA server software, but that's not difficult. Windows Media Player--which comes bundled with Windows--is such a server." (http://www.techhive.com/article/227859/wireless_pc_tv.html)

So has anyone tried a DLNA server software like (http://www.plexapp.com/desktop/) for their Hackintosh Build, if so, did it work out?
And to get back on topic, if plex media software were to work decently with this new Mac Pro, couldn't you just wireless stream video for one or two monitors?

I have used both Plex and PS3 Media Server on my Hackintosh to stream to a PS3 and a Sony BDPS5100 connected to different TVs. Both programs work fine for streaming. Plex seems to do a better job of playing MKV files.

I saw this article at the local public library, cause I'm cheap and don't pay for magazine subscriptions.
Will the new 2013 Mac Pro be a failure like the 2000 Power Mac G4 Cube? or did Apple learn from the mistake?
http://techland.time.com/2011/08/23...ever/slide/apple-power-mac-g4-cube-2000-2001/

Well, if that has some interest, I found this web looking for an alternative to new mac-WaitThisIsNotAnAshtray-pro for replacement of my 3 aged mac-pro 2007 not upgradeable to new OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back