CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
XFX Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
We've known the rule about socket 2011 motherboards: speed stepping and sleep do not work. As far as I know, this is due to the OS X kernel not having real Mac hardware to reference to. However, with the introduction of the new Mac Pro that is supposedly based on Ivy Bridge-E, do you guys think Ivy Bridge-E hackintosh compatibility is on the horizon? I'd like to know because I'm planning to upgrade my motherboard and CPU for the new year and would like to go with Xeon since I edit video and do a lot of transcoding at my office. Then I'd take my current Socket 1155 board/CPU and use it at home.
Any thoughts?

do you guys think Ivy Bridge-E hackintosh compatibility is on the horizon?

No way to know. We can only hope so. Until the MacPro is released, we can only wait and see and hope that there is an update in OS X that will work better.

I can not wait to find this out myself as my "custom" Mac Pro from the Store would set me back $13,581 otherwise :)

Thanks
~C

I will like to know more about that too...

We've known the rule about socket 2011 motherboards: speed stepping and sleep do not work. As far as I know, this is due to the OS X kernel not having real Mac hardware to reference to. However, with the introduction of the new Mac Pro that is supposedly based on Ivy Bridge-E, do you guys think Ivy Bridge-E hackintosh compatibility is on the horizon? I'd like to know because I'm planning to upgrade my motherboard and CPU for the new year and would like to go with Xeon since I edit video and do a lot of transcoding at my office. Then I'd take my current Socket 1155 board/CPU and use it at home.
Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back