Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Asrock z170 Extreme 4
CPU
Graphics
Msi gtx 1080 gaming x
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I am currently using a gtx 1080 (Msi Gaming X) and Have a triple monitor setup, but with the new nvidia web drivers I am unable to have all three monitors showing at the same time. It seems only the first three ports to the left of my GPU. I am positive all my hardware works fine as im dual-booted to windows and have 0 Problems. the problem seems to be over my two final DP ports and HDMI, as im using a DVI and DP.

I was speculating whether it may be the system definition I am using that may be causing the problem.

I tried changing the SMBIos to a Macpro 6,2 but had to start on a new partition as I wasnt receiving any signal from the monitors when booting up.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? and also the most appropriate SMBios for my setup.

Thanks

Already answered here.

iMac17,1 and you will need to fix the black screen issue at boot, or iMac14,2 that doesn't need the fix.
I tried using the iMac 14,2 but multibeast is stating that the installation has failed.

I checked out the link you had sent, but its rather confusing and im still not sure how I would go about solving this.

Already answered here.

iMac17,1 and you will need to fix the black screen issue at boot, or iMac14,2 that doesn't need the fix.
I have used the suggested link you'd sent me and I have successfully upgraded my system definition to the iMac 17. However, this has not fixed my issue of the third monitor being recognised by the computer.

I would really appreciate some help with figuring out why my Hackintosh isnt responding to the right hand portion of the GPU's inputs on this OS, as they all work perfectly fine and is not a hardware issue. Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 22.23.18.png Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 22.23.25.png

I would say that you need to fix your GPU issue before worrying about the other monitor. The computer thinks that you only have 256mb of video ram so that is probably affecting your monitor options as well.

Let me ask this as well though, what connections are you using for the third monitor that is not working?

I would say that you need to fix your GPU issue before worrying about the other monitor. The computer thinks that you only have 256mb of video ram so that is probably affecting your monitor options as well.

Let me ask this as well though, what connections are you using for the third monitor that is not working?
I am using a HDMI into the monitor and a DP into the graphics card, this may sound like an issue but I have swapped the cables and monitors around and it always seems to be one monitor unresponsive, and two others working fine, regardless of cable or monitor is self.
I am also using the gtx 1080 web drivers and thought that would have been the explanation for the default naming of the GPU, but if you think this is where my issue lies (and id probably agree with you at this point), do you know how I could fix this?

I am not sure what the issue is with your 1080 (mine is working fine). Make sure that you are not injecting NVIDIA any more when using multibeast (check your config file in EFI). Otherwise I would post on the graphics forum. There are already a million posts about pascal drivers so someone might have already asked / fixed your issue.

I am not sure what the issue is with your 1080 (mine is working fine). Make sure that you are not injecting NVIDIA any more when using multibeast (check your config file in EFI). Otherwise I would post on the graphics forum. There are already a million posts about pascal drivers so someone might have already asked / fixed your issue.
lovely cheers :)

Im not too sure what im looking for as im rather new to Mac OS, but I hit command+F and found nvidia twice in the config.plst and the word inject I think inject was mentioned 5 times with the last being nvidiaweb (guessing the web driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back