Contribute
Register

What should I change to get the best chance to have a functional hackintosh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
i5930K
Graphics
Asus GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

First things first :
One year ago, I decided to build my working station for 3D designing :
I bought :
  • Intel Core i7 5930k
  • Asus X99-Deluxe U3.1
  • Asus GeForce GTX 970 STRIX OC - 4 Go
  • GSKILL DDR4 32GB (4*8) F4-2666C15Q-32GRKB
  • NZXT H440 - Blanc
  • CPU Hydro Series H110i GT
  • Corsair CP-9020044-EU Professional Series AX860 ATX/EPS
  • Windows 10 pro 64bit
I got a lot of problems with my Asus X99 Deluxe U3.1. Sometimes, it won't boot and I have a blackscreen. All I need to do is to press reset and it will be fine. I got this problem for a long time now, and I'm not the only one according to Google. It might be due to the number of USB plugged.

So I'm planning to change this mobo unfortunatly. I was expecting too much of it, and got really disappointed.

In the same time, I was expecting to install Mac OS on it, but after a long time reading on tonymac, I concluded that the task will be difficult for me... There are a lot to learn to achieve a perfect hack with this setup.

My question is : I planned to change my mobo (and maybe my GTX), but I already bought X99 stuff like my 5930k and the DDR4. I guess it is easier to look forward a new X99 mobo for my futur hackintosh. The fact is I don't think Hackintosh is compatible with X99 config. What is the best move according to you guys ? Should I wait until Sierra ? Should I choose Gigabyte Mobo and EVGA ?

There is no big rush, but I need to find the best solution... Thank you !

I just read yesterday where an ASROCK X99 owner found that if he disconnected the USB 3.1 front panel cable harness that his power problems disappeared. You may want to try that.

Next turn off BIOS C-States, after verifying that the USB 3.1 disconnect didn't fix your problem. Don't allow the PC to go into Deep Sleep and Hibernation. Turn off FASTBOOT in the Windows Power Setting Control Panel.

Lastly, see if going to HDDs instead of SSDs fixes all the problems. (Along with seeing if the problem isn't UEFI related - you may have to go with Legacy Bootloaders if the drives are under 2TB). If it does then start with SSD firmware updates, just as you have already done the BIOS firmware updates. And don't discount Windows drivers contributing to the problem - only install drivers from the manufacturers' websites. Seeing as how you can no longer see, and therefore know, what drivers and updates are being installed you may need to install the Windows ShowHide program, just in case you have to turn off updated drivers that are boinking the system.

Hi Kiiroaka,

Thank you for you answer ! I really appreciate it. I will try this today and let you know. But anyway, what do you think about my hackintosh's project..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back