Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Looking for a remote for my newly built HTPC. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I'm thinking that I'll buy an Apple IR receiver but I'm intrigued by the Harmony remotes. So what do you use? Did you have to do anything special to make it work? Happy to hear your input.

I hacked a DIY USB infrared port onto my desktop using a guide from here and I use a harmony. I might however, begin to simply use hippo remote on my iPhone and ignore the need for a new port on my htpc.

I'm using a Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote with Remote Buddy running on the hackintosh. Also works with a Nintendo Wiimote if you like something different.

I use a harmony remote with remote buddy on my MBP but I'm trying to figure out a way to get an IR receiver on my Hackintosh to turn it into my HTPC also. I love the harmony remote though it controls everything with my setup.

I use the Hippo Remote App on my iPad, but I'm wondering if there is something I can use other than a keyboard at the boot screen because I have dual boot Snow Leopard & Windows 7. I have a harmony remote, can it be used at the boot screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back