Contribute
Register

What other OS's are you using on your Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the hackintosh on my desktop and on my notebook I have Windows just in case I need anything.

I've got Windows 10 on the other SSD.

Mac is for development mostly. Windows 10 for gaming but there are some other things I prefer to do on Windows.

One thing I don't like on Mac, and I know this is because I'm using standard PC keyboard and mouse and not an Apple trackpad (like on my Mac Air, which works perfectly) is the window handling. No snap to sides and so on. Makes it a pain to do some stuff.

Windows Key and Left arrow and Windows key and Right arrow?

Drag a window by its title bar past the side of the monitor until the mouse pointer touches the monitor side. That should snap the window to 1/2 of available space. Do the same with another window and drag the mouse pointer right to the edge of the screen. That should snap the window to the other available space.

Last edited:
I'm on macOS 99% of the time. I do have Windows 10 on its own SSD and run it with VMware Fusion, primarily to run one app that has no Mac equivalent. The only times I boot in to Windows is for things like firmware flashing or (very rarely) to play a game.

I have Linux Mint installed on a flash drive for the rare occasions when I need to use a Linux utility like GParted or Clonezilla.

Ubuntu 16.04 for me. Works beautifully!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back