Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I will probably be gaming with my hackintosh and using my PS3 and I want a monitor that can do both :D Any suggestions? I'm kinda leaning toward the 22" Viewsonic VX2253MH(Because of 2 HDMI Ports) or the 23"ASUS ML238H.Also, what monitors are you guys using/recommend? I still haven't bought anything for my build but I want to buy a monitor first

Viewsonic and ASUS are both reputable brands. I have used both and both are reliable good quality monitors and are well priced.

Samsung also makes good screens.
http://www.samsungusanews.com/2012/01/s ... 9-monitor/
These are the new Samsung 9 series monitors. Very nice if you can spend a few extra bucks

r.

iam using DELL U2311H perfect for CS5 in os x and GAMING in win7 :thumbup:

Attachments

• imgres.jpeg
    imgres.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 451
I'm using a 27 inch Apple Cinema Display.

But I'm guessing your ps3 doesn't have miniDP support...

Keep in mind that gaming/graphics on monitors have different requirements. High resolution IPS displays are important for color accuracy, color gradations, and viewing angle. Meaning you want a big resolution, IPS display (ACD, Dell U series, etc) for moderately important photo/video/graphic design use.

Lower resolution, TN displays provide less color accuracy, poorer viewing angles, etc-- but offer much faster response times/refresh rates. So these displays, notably at resolutions for gaming at 1080/1200 are better if you're competitive at all. And TN displays are MUCH cheaper.

Both displays can look great, but the IPS displays offer better color accuracy and higher resolutions (generally) a the cost of gaming performance at the edge of abilities. I use my display for photo/video editing purposes... and yeah, I boot into Win7 for some FPS games (where refresh/response is important)... and even though this is a high res IPS display, the moderate performance hit in games doesn't bother me because I play for fun... and the bleeding edge of performance doesn't concern me (hell, I'm using an ATI 5770 at 1440p for BFBC2... so I'm obviously not that picky about gaming performance).

i'm using a Samsung SA300 FullHD LED 24" :)
1322482532SAMSUNG_SA300.jpg

Two NEC 2490WUXi2

_______________N_4d57cc04cec78.jpg

Wouldn't trade it for anything :)

Attachments

• _______________N_4d57cc04cec78.jpg
    _______________N_4d57cc04cec78.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 586
I am Using Samsung B2230 Full HD

Attachments

• MY TONY.JPG
    MY TONY.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 936
I've always been a fan of dell monitors. I have a dell 20". Has hdmi and dvi so works great with my hackintosh and my ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back